WAG Deduction for vault table height?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amanda

Proud Parent
Just curious what the deduction would be for having the vault table at 110 instead of 115 for Level 5? At this point my daughter's vault is significantly better at 110. She still has time to improve. And I know it is totally up to the coach. Mostly just curious if she might end up with a better score taking a deduction on the height. Our gym just does a score out meet for 5. Thanks!

taken from : http://usagnj.com/jo-vault-height-correction/

d. Levels 4-5: All age divisions may use the vault table at any manufacturer setting. Levels 6-10: All age divisions may use the vault table at any height; however, the height must be within a minimum of 115 cm (+ 1 cm) and a maximum of 135 cm (+ 1 cm). Levels 6 and 7 – vault height minimum is 115 cm., maximum is 135 cm.

Note: 0.3 Deduction if below 115cm

So it looks like 115 is no longer required for Level 5? Am I reading that right? They still might require it at our gym. . .

Our level 5 coach required no less than 110 and most girls were 115. Some of the gyms we competed against had all their girls on the lowest setting (95) and their scores were always way higher than ours as their block and after flight were significantly better due to the lower setting. My gymnast is 10 and barely 50 pounds and she was competing 110 half the season and 115 the other half. She had most of the junior A/B groups competing at 95 and she always got lower scores on vault.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back