Deduction in Level 4 routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a question. I had my first meet this weekend and since I am having a mental block about the ROBHS right now I just did a roundoff, stopped, and then did a BHS in my routine. My score wasn't very good and I was wondering how much of a deduction it is for not connecting the Roundoff and the BHS??? Also, how much of a deduction is it when your arms are slightly bent in the backward roll?

Thanks!

I am a gymnast, but know that it is almost a point for the connection, and up to .40 deduction for bent arms..... just connect it! what was the score...?

Actually, it's .3 for a complete stop between acro elements and up to .3 for bent arms.

What if the gymnast stops, and does an arm swing between elements (in order to do the next element?) If a kid were to miss an element (say, does just RO BHS in L5 or 6...does not connect the next element) should the kid just finish the routine, or should they do a standing BHS or BT to finish?

Having a stop only results in a .3 deduction. However, if a gymnast leaves out an element it is double the value of the element. So, if a L5 does RO BHS and leaves out the last BHS it is a 1.2 deduction (element worth .6). It is definitely cheaper to stop, take the .3 stop deduction, but complete all the elements.

Having a stop only results in a .3 deduction. However, if a gymnast leaves out an element it is double the value of the element. So, if a L5 does RO BHS and leaves out the last BHS it is a 1.2 deduction (element worth .6). It is definitely cheaper to stop, take the .3 stop deduction, but complete all the elements.

Okay, I just wasn't sure if it would "count" for a kid to do RO BHS, stop, standing BHS/BT. Good to know though.

You could also lose up to .2 for dynamics in the series, plus if you stopped you were also likely off the music for another tenth.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back