WAG Deduction on floor for "cheerleading"????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Attachments

• ud4rXXk.jpg
    ud4rXXk.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 24
See I find this very odd in your system. I would say all the competitions I go in the UK to have 4 judges per piece from lowest levels and up (like your level 3 and up).
I’m surprised that the competitions you go to have 4 judges per piece, I’m also UK and most if not all competitions my dd has competed in has had 2 judges per piece.

And you are blatantly telling the mom that her kid is lying or at the. Wet least exaggerating. I think, no I KNOW the mom knows better than you what was actually said.

You are overreading malice and ill will where ther is none.

I said misunderstood or misinterpreted. It happens as conversations get gets filtered down. Firsthand, to secondhand to thirdhand, even among adults.

I love my daughter immensely and sometimes I need to clarify her version of events with the grown ups, especially when she was younger.

And this is not the first thread, where it’s been my child said or heard......

I’m very consistent, ask for clarification, ask the coach.

My daughter, said, the coach, said, the judge said. Yeah no room for confusion there :rolleyes:

And you are blatantly telling the mom that her kid is lying or at the. Wet least exaggerating. I think, no I KNOW the mom knows better than you what was actually said.
And this would be a prime example of how things get misinterpreted

You did more than once imply that her daughter got it wrong. You even said you wonder what, if anything, was actually said. So, that is an implication that her daughter lied.

You may not mean malice and ill will, but those implications aren't quite supportive.
Plus the wording of "cheerleading" is kind of specific, I don't know how one could misinterpret that.

You did more than once imply that her daughter got it wrong.

You keep making my case. Which I is why I’m continuing on with this silliness. It’s an excellent example. But after this I’ll be out. You are taking what I actually said and adding to it.

Got it wrong does not in anyway imply she lied.

A lie, is not telling the truth with intent.

My kid doesn’t do her project. I ask her if she did. She says yes. That would be a lie.

My kid doing a project wrong, but insisting she is doing it the way she was told. Is a misunderstanding of what the directions were. We clarify with the teacher.

3rd and 4th hand information is unreliable.

See above, I heard from AlisMom heard from my4buffalos that mean LDW thinks this kid is a liar.

So let’s go to the source. Hey LDW. What exactly did you say? I said that perhaps the child misunderstood and ask the coach.

Done with this nonsense.

And that adds tothread how?

At the risk of offending...

Multiple people in various threads have posted with similar messages regarding some of your postings. I know you don't think folks should assign tone or intent to your messages. However, if multiple people across different issues are reading similar tone and accusations in your messages, it might be good to consider whether what and how you are typing, is conveying what you intend.

I believe that I have a responsibility to deliver my message in a way that is consistent with how I think and feel. When I receive consistent feedback from various people, that my message is being taken a different way than I tried to communicate it, at that point I don't assume they misunderstood or were confused. I look at the common factor (myself and my communication), and realize I may not be presenting my thoughts consistent with my intent. I also try to adjust my presentation to better reflect what I am trying to communicate.

I feel like it was more of the judge's personal preference, like the judge probably likes the more ballet type routines and maybe isn't such a fan of the up tempo high energy routines like my daughter's. But I don't feel like a judge should be able to deduct based on their personal preference of what they like or don't like. Really hoping she doesn't have this same judge on floor at regionals!!!

I wonder if the judge meant that the acting and facial expressions distracts from the gymnastics itself. I just watched one of her floor routines, and she is amazing. But I can see how a judge who doesn't like that style, can't unsee it. If your daughter loves her routine, don't change a thing. It's just that one judge this one time.

I've seen this routine IRL. It's delightful and the OP's DD has tons of talent. But just because you are an awesome L10 with elite aspirations doesn't mean you are immune to criticism. Two adjectives I had to describe parts of the routine were 'boxy' and 'mechanical'. This shows up more in person compared vs video. I'm guessing the judge saw the same thing and used a different word to describe her dance. Not really a big deal considering we are at the end of the season and OP knows by now how her DD scores with the routine. Personally I would leave it up to the coach to decide if a change is needed and not worry about it. As a side note --I do wonder about OP's intent posting this thread...sometimes her posts seem like a thinly veiled attempt to get compliments. Also, I find it interesting how the OP commented that a 0.1 increase in score would have changed her placement. Yes, she would have gone from 4th on floor to an 2nd place tie. AA would have stayed the same as she tied for 3rd and with an additional 0.1 she would have simply placed 3rd.

ouch. more drama

4th to 2nd is sorta a big deal...

I can't read people's intent but the thread brought a lot of interesting discussion regarding judging artistic merits of a routine.

OMG don't be nervous. It's a fun meet and up to them really. Easy for me to say...4th year level 10 and all but in the whole scheme of gymnastics it's just a moment.
I've seen this routine IRL. It's delightful and the OP's DD has tons of talent. But just because you are an awesome L10 with elite aspirations doesn't mean you are immune to criticism. Two adjectives I had to describe parts of the routine were 'boxy' and 'mechanical'. This shows up more in person compared vs video. I'm guessing the judge saw the same thing and used a different word to describe her dance. Not really a big deal considering we are at the end of the season and OP knows by now how her DD scores with the routine. Personally I would leave it up to the coach to decide if a change is needed and not worry about it. As a side note --I do wonder about OP's intent posting this thread...sometimes her posts seem like a thinly veiled attempt to get compliments. Also, I find it interesting how the OP commented that a 0.1 increase in score would have changed her placement. Yes, she would have gone from 4th on floor to an 2nd place tie. AA would have stayed the same as she tied for 3rd and with an additional 0.1 she would have simply placed 3rd.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back