WAG Deductions on xcel dance skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sportsmommy

Proud Parent
This might be a silly question but in xcel what are the judges looking for in the dance elements of a floor or beam? My dd isnt much of a dancer. I have been watching her practice her routine and it just quit look like what it does when her coach is showing her. In compulsories dance is what hurt her score. So i am just curious about how it works.

They look for some emotion through it... Not just like your doing the moves you have to look like your enjoying it and having fun

Also, i believe they look for the basic optional criteria as well. Such as a variety of dance and poses, movement throughout the routines and things like that.

I'm not sure what they look for exactly. I will say that when my daughter started smiling and looking like she enjoyed herself this season, she scored a lot higher then she did in compulsories. She never smiled in compulsories .

FLOOR:
A. Incorrect rhythm during execution of direct connections

B. Lack of precision in dance skills
Examples: Lack of definite arm or leg position on turns/leaps; degree of turn not exact

C. Failure to land with feet/legs together on jumps/ leaps/ hops that land on 2 feet

D. Failure to perform turns in high relevé

E. Concentration pauses (more than 2 seconds prior to difficult elements or connections)

F. Poor relationship of music and movement throughout

G. Relaxed/incorrect footwork on non-value parts throughout the exercise

H. Relaxed/incorrect leg position/body posture & insufficient flexibility in non-value parts throughout the exercise

I. Missing synchronization of movement with musical beat throughout the exercise

BEAM:
A. Failure to perform turns in high relevé

B. Lack of precision in dance skills or VP elements
Examples: Lack of definite arm or leg position on turns/leaps; degree of turn not exact

C. Failure to land with feet/legs together on jumps/leaps that land on 2 feet in side position

D. Concentration pauses (more than 2 seconds prior to difficult elements or connections)

E. Relaxed/incorrect footwork on non-value parts throughout the exercise

F. Lack of tempo/poor rhythm between elements performed in a dance, mixed, or acro series -applies to a continuous, but slow connection

G. Support of one leg against side surface of the beam to maintain balance

H. Relaxed/incorrect leg position/body posture & insufficient flexibility in non-value parts throughout the exercise

Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back