Parents Developmental Camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom1919

Proud Parent
Our daughter was just invited to one of the Elite Developmental Camps in Texas. Just wondering a few things:

1) Can parents go on the trip
Or is it dependent on age?
Our daughter is only 9.
2) What have your experiences been if you have gone.
3) I believe the camp we are attending is in May so that she can finish off the season at States this weekend

We are new to all this. She did attend TOPs last October so I was there for that but never this type of camp.

Thanks for any input in advance.

Gymnasts usually attend camp with their coaches and stay in cabins with girls their own age. If parents go with they stay in hotels in nearby towns and and not involved in the camp at all.

Message Lovofu on the board, her dd has been to some camps recently and she will be able to answer your questions.

Just wondering if she qualified to the a or b camp from the October test and what level she competes at. Thanks

My daughter has attended developmental camps. They and their coaches go. Parents are not invited and there is no provision for parents to even come to the Ranch. The kids are assigned cabins that they share with other gymnasts. All bedding is provided so she only has to bring her leos and clothes. Definitely pack snacks as my daughter complained that they never got enough food. She really enjoyed the camps though she did say that they really worked them.

Our daughter was just invited to one of the Elite Developmental Camps in Texas. Just wondering a few things:

Our daughter is only 9.
3) I believe the camp we are attending is in May so that she can finish off the season at States this weekend

We are new to all this. She did attend TOPs last October so I was there for that but never this type of camp.

Hi GymMom1919 - Congrats to your daughter! My daughter has been attending developmental camps since she was 9 so please feel free to pm me and I would be happy to answer any questions that you have.

She qualified for B camp…from what we were told she was like #51? Not 100% sure. She is finishing up Level 7 States this weekend but can do higher level skills (from what I have been told)….

Our daughter is only 9.

1. yes, but you have to stay at a hotel, all told, about 45 minutes from the ranch. there are no hotels in Waverly. you can't stay on camp site. you wouldn't want to anyway. :)

2. she will have a great experience. almost all of them do at this age. it's like one big sleep over for them.

feel free to PM me if you have further questions or post them here for everyone's edification. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back