Parents Dfk

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I also note that we often forget about the skills our kid was one of the first to get, and stress about the ones they don’t. Kid does the moy support before anyone else, no big deal....kid can’t do a full twist, the world is coming to an end, how will they ever progress?

Totally!! This sport will drive ya nuts.

I also note that we often forget about the skills our kid was one of the first to get, and stress about the ones they don’t. Kid does the moy support before anyone else, no big deal....kid can’t do a full twist, the world is coming to an end, how will they ever progress?

Of course! Mine got her back walkover on beam last night which she doesn’t even need for next season ( if she stays level 4) but still no kip. What she does looks pretty though! Strong glide, straight arms, beautiful fall down to the ground ;)

Of course! Mine got her back walkover on beam last night which she doesn’t even need for next season ( if she stays level 4) but still no kip. What she does looks pretty though! Strong glide, straight arms, beautiful fall down to the ground ;)
She will get it. Continuing to try it with straight arms means that whens he gets it, it will be amazing.

She will get it. Continuing to try it with straight arms means that whens he gets it, it will be amazing.

It is hard to imagine that she will get it though. She doesn’t really look any closer than she did 2 months ago when she started. Like she doesn’t almost get up or anything. Will it just click one day? I know she is strong enough as she can do all sorts of presses and pull-ups and leg lifts.

It is hard to imagine that she will get it though. She doesn’t really look any closer than she did 2 months ago when she started. Like she doesn’t almost get up or anything. Will it just click one day? I know she is strong enough as she can do all sorts of presses and pull-ups and leg lifts.

She will get it, she really will. It’s more about timing than strength really.

It is hard to imagine, but one day it will just click. My ODD was the last on her team to get her kip. She worked and worked at it, did extra practices, did privates, still nothing. I started thinking, maybe some kids just don't ever get it. Maybe it will never happen. And then one day she did it! It was towards the end of practice so I was already there to pick her up and I got to see it. I asked her what was different that time and she said, I ended up on top of the bar. Very nice. As others have said, when she finally got it, it was very pretty. I think this is one of the most valuable lessons from gymnastics - if you really want something and you work hard enough at it, you will eventually get it. It may not be as quickly as you want, but if you keep working, you'll get there. I hope she remembers that for the rest of her life.

Do you have video of her trying?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back