Parents Did you get your Fall schedule yet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We got a tentative practice schedule. M 4-7, W 5-8 (I bet dance will be 4-5), Sa 8-11 or 11:30 (can't remember).

We don't have a meet schedule yet, but know our first meet in Oct. and of course Parkette Invitational (home gym) in January. Sectionals are in Apr, States in May; DD is Level 5.

Sue Z

MTB mom and Gymmonkey momma, we will probably be at Parkettes (we did it last year, but the schedule hasn't come out yet) My DD will be L5 or L6 (one never knows!)

We do the Rutgers classic too, but our gym only does level 7 and up at that meet, so we won't be there.

Our workout schedule just came out this week, and we are bummed because instead of 3 days 4 hours, they moved us to 4 days, three hours. Now I'm REALLY hoping they moved DD up a group, because if we have to go an extra day, we might as well add the extra hour per session, since she's used to 4 hours at a time already. They added Saturdays, but that's a pain because they will be constantly re-scheduled during meet season. Sorry for the grumble, I know they can't please everyone. I think they went to four days because some parents complained that they couldn't get there so early. Last year there was also a problem with kids that couldn't stay so late. We home school, so we don't really care what time the practice is, my annoyance usually just involves the amount of driving.

My sons are going to be starting sports this year too (just paint my SUV yellow with a nice checkerboard trim!)

Snowbound

I know Bean's training schedule, we got that at the beginning of the summer. Thankfully, it's going back down to 16 hours.

As for competition schedule, we don't know yet. It will include 3 Qualifiers, and if she Qualifies, Ontario Cup, and if top 24 there, Championships. From there I believe the top 2 go on to Easterns.

Last year the 7-9's also did one invitational for the 1st time, and it was a lot of fun. I don't know if that's going to become an annual thing, or if it was just a one time deal.

Oh, and almost forgot! The team also does an annual trip to Arizona to compete in a meet and train there for a week. Last year, my finances didn't allow Bean to go, this year it might work as she's already started saving. She's also asking for nothing but cash for her Birthday and Christmas, in hopes of saving enough! She's nothing if not determined!!

Good news for you and Bean, top 4 from Porvincials go on to Easterns (unfortunately they are in Ontario this year but still pretty cool!)

No meet schedule yet just got the practice schedule for the fall.

M, W 4-8
F 4:30 - 8:30
Sa 8 - 12 ish

Oldest will do three qualifiers in Feb,March, April and if she makes it she could go to one or two Provincials. I think she will stay in the school league as she wants to keep her hours under 9 a week due to her back issues. Fine by me.

Youngest could go one of two ways, if that kip shows up she will go into our civile league and she would do three qualifiers in Dec, Feb and March, she could qualify for Provincials if she is very lucky. Or if the kip fairy doesn't arrive then she will stay in the school league with big sis, train a few less hours and have a good chance of qualifying for provincials as it would be her 2nd year at the same level.

I almost wish she doesn't get her kip so they can compete on the same weekends for the first time ever, but that is selfish I guess. We shall wait and see.

Most of the meets are within two hours drive but they are all inwinter so hotels may be involved in all of them.

No meet schedule for optionals yet since their season doesn't start til Jan. Our L5s had their meet schedule about 2 weeks ago and the coaches were deliberating on the L6 schedule, but they may have it out now.

We're already back in the school practice schedule since most schools opened this week or next. Gymmie goes M,T(3 hrs only), W, F and Sat(5 hrs). Kinda weird and will be odd getting used to picking her up early on Tuesday. OTOH, it does give her some extra time for homework on Tues and then Thursday is free. Never have done 5 hrs on Sat., so will be interested to see what that last hour is used for.

MTB mom and Gymmonkey momma, we will probably be at Parkettes (we did it last year, but the schedule hasn't come out yet) My DD will be L5 or L6 (one never knows!)

Parketts is the same wkend as Level 6 States, so Little Monkey won't be there but my big DD will..and I'm praying that the 2 girls will be competing on different days!!!

Your gym reschedules days missed due to meets? Ours doesn't--if you miss a day because of a meet, you miss a day.

No meet schedule for optionals yet since their season doesn't start til Jan. Our L5s had their meet schedule about 2 weeks ago and the coaches were deliberating on the L6 schedule, but they may have it out now.

Really? We got our meet schedule for everyone--compulsories and optionals--at the end of July. Of course our HC that does the scheduling is extremely organized, so she's probably ahead of schedule!

Our L6 states are not until May (which is the pits, because in L4, the states were before DD's B-day, but now they are after so she skipped from 8 to 10 in the age groups)

I know we will do the Janet Rothenberg, and the Silvia Mitova invitationals. We've always done the PA judges cup. The rest are up in the air still, I guess.

Snowbound

I don't know if they haven't finished deciding which meets to go to, or if the office manager just hasn't gotten it typed up and sent out yet. Our gym could use a little in the way of communication skills, and our office manager is now coaching, so I expect it will get worse. Still, it is a great gym, and the communication thing is only a minor inconvenience.

snowbound

Sounds like our gym is doing 2 traveling meets = The Sand Dollar Classic in Orlando and Chicago Style. I am pretty sure we will do both. Then we have 5 in state meets. Although, we are missing 1 that we like because it conflicts with Chicago. The other isnt happening this year.

Cathiann - No regions for any of your L8's? Even if they make Super Team? I haven't heard that gyms are opting out. Our gym feels that even through regions is "the end' of L8's season it is really good experience for them. They can go to regions and just compete, have fun, without the pressure of qualifying for nationals.

I dont understand... how it can't "Benefit the gymnasts career". How come they view Regions different than State? Wouldn't be the same?

Yeah, we got ours about a month ago. Practice for Beth (level 8) will be Mon, Tue, Fri & Sat--she loves that (last year she was MOn, Thu, Fri & Sat--she likes not having 3 days in a row). Meets start in January--only away meet is Chicago Style. No Regionals for level 8s--coaches say they've stopped entirely as they don't feel it "benefits the gymnast's career" and they say most clubs are opting out of Regionals for level 8s--is that true for people here??

Bella is fast tracking from 5-7. So right now they have her in two groups, weird huh.

Mon, Thurs- she will keep up her level 5 skills\work on form, etc.
Wed, Sat- Getting ready for L7

Soph is a pre teamer\ L4

Thurs, Sat

Didn't get the schedule yet. Kind of hoping to get it soon, my calendar needs some filling:)

We got our tentative schedule - first meet is late october, 1 in november, 2 in December, 2 in January (including travel to Mi), 2 in February and State in March.

Really? We got our meet schedule for everyone--compulsories and optionals--at the end of July. Of course our HC that does the scheduling is extremely organized, so she's probably ahead of schedule!

I think the HC knows which meets he wants the optionals to do, but usually holds back until levels are finally decided which won't be til mid October. Our L7s only go to 1 out of state meet, those doing 6/7 don't travel at all and do maybe 3 in state meets and the L8-10s do 2 traveling meets. Since the parent org. pays for plane fare/hotels for the girls, they have asked the HC to look at out of state meets that are a little closer than traveling to east or west coast.

Cool! We'll have to keep in touch and look for each other at the meet. Good luck in either level. :D

Sounds like our gym is doing 2 traveling meets = The Sand Dollar Classic in Orlando and Chicago Style. I am pretty sure we will do both. Then we have 5 in state meets. Although, we are missing 1 that we like because it conflicts with Chicago. The other isnt happening this year.

Cathiann - No regions for any of your L8's? Even if they make Super Team? I haven't heard that gyms are opting out. Our gym feels that even through regions is "the end' of L8's season it is really good experience for them. They can go to regions and just compete, have fun, without the pressure of qualifying for nationals.

I dont understand... how it can't "Benefit the gymnasts career". How come they view Regions different than State? Wouldn't be the same?

If they make Superteam, they can go, but otherwise not. And I don't understand it either. They say that judging at Regionals is all over the place and since 8s don't go on from there, they don't feel it necessary for them to go. I always thought it was good to compete at Regionals BEFORE you had to do well to move on to Westerns or Nationals, but that's what they're saying. Yes, I even e-mailed the one HC when we got the official word they weren't going to let them go. Beth is NOT happy.

We probably won't have our schedules for at least 2 more weeks. However, they usually keep it the same as the previous year so if that holds true, it will be M-T-Th-Sat for us. Not sure of the times, though. Meet season is still up in the air as well.

I know some of you mentioned the Greater NY Classic meet, X-mas in the Chesapeake, Parkette Invitational and the Pink Invitational. We may be at all of those meets so maybe I'll be able to meet some of you!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy season!

DD's fall schedule is 4 days a week

DD's first meet is end of October - Level 6, hopefully score out of 6

DD's next meet will be end of January in Level 7 if she is ready

We have our choice of multiple choreographers. When do most of you start to prepare your DD's for the floor portion of level 7 or does the coach guide you in that? With Cait's track being a little different, I am not sure what to expect.

Apparently one of our choices is an Olympic gold medal winner. I heard she is very expensive but that would be pretty cool to use her...

Additionally, end of Sept - TOPs national testing in Houston

December - TOPs camp if she qualifies in September

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back