Parents Did you get your Fall schedule yet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

To snowbound my daughter has the same issue with her birthday but states last year was a week after her birthday in March so she competed as a 9 year old pretty much the whole season. This year with states being in May she will compete as a10 year old. The good thing is that I think it put her in a less competitive group with awards she got more medals than her friend who competed as 8 year old even though they had around the same scores. Not very fair but it is a postive about being in the older group. We still did not get our meet schedule yet but my daughter will be training 4 days a week for 14hrs/ week. She is training with the 5/6 but I think she will compete as a 5 for the year. MBT we are also in PA so we may be at some of the same meets.

Not yet, but I'm starting to look forward to the fall season already:D Our first 2 or 3 meets are usually travel meets, so maybe we'll be seeing some of you soon.

Evaluations are about a month away, but I think DD is good to go for promotion into L7. I'm glad I brought her in a couple of times over the summer so they can see where she's at, and hopefully, she will be assigned into the right training group for her until the levels are announced. Actually, come to think of it, we're going to need to schedule choreography so we should know right away if she's going to be a L7.....can't imagine she wouldn't be.

I'm REALLY hoping we get to hit one of the big meets this year. See you all in the fall!!!!

We won't get our meet schedule for a while but we don't start competeing till jan. But I would like to know a practice schedule. Fall practice starts in a week and there is no schedule yet.

Evaluations for us are on the 24th, I already know that neither of my girls will be training on Thursday, which means at least ine night during the school week we can have dinner together. It is also DH's hockey night so that'll calm life down a bit. The hours they do will depend on the level they compete, Little Bogs kip just is refusing to show up, she is frustrated and can do it with a one finger spot on her back! Without it she cannot move up.

Evaluations for us are on the 24th, I already know that neither of my girls will be training on Thursday, which means at least ine night during the school week we can have dinner together. It is also DH's hockey night so that'll calm life down a bit. The hours they do will depend on the level they compete, Little Bogs kip just is refusing to show up, she is frustrated and can do it with a one finger spot on her back! Without it she cannot move up.

Sending Little Bog the Kip Fairy. She is soo close, just maybe needs some extra fairy help. How frustrating for her. Hope she gets it soon.

Sending the *Canadian Cousin* of the Kip fairy...maybe if you have both, it'll be just what she needs! Tell her not to fret, it should show up any day now!

MTB mom and Gymmonkey momma, we will probably be at Parkettes (we did it last year, but the schedule hasn't come out yet) My DD will be L5 or L6 (one never knows!)

[ /quote]

Aww, too bad Little Monkey won't be competing b/c she has L6 States that same weekend, otherwise it may be a better chance of us ending up in the same session or same day? My older DD who will be at Parkettes is L8. She is already balking b/c it is her birthday weekend!

Bowoppit, sending good wishes and fairy dust out to little bog. :wizard::magician::tongue: We struggled half the year with the dreaded kip. :boggled:DD would get it, then lose it, then get it back. She can finally do it without the major bent elbows and having to muscle herself up to the bar, but we *do* understand your frustration!

Snowbound

We finally got our meet schedule!!

2 in November
1 in december
2 in January
1 in february
State Meet in March (if she qualifies).

We used to do a total of 8 meets, but last year and this year they have gone to only 7. Our first one is a couple weeks earlier this year. I hope dd will be ready. Still no idea what the leo is going to look like.

yes we did...
Emily's first meet as a level 6 or so we hope is on Oct 11th-12th weekend and Madi's first meet and then Emily's second meet are 1 week later at our new gym:) I am excited to get the ball rolling again.
Emily will have 7 meets this year and Madison 6:)

Our 1st meet is at the end of Jan...
Jan 23..Kim Zmeskals TX Prime meet
Jan 30.. Metroplex challenge
feb 06..Achievers TWU distric qualifier
Feb 12...AOGC in CA
Feb 27 Kurt Thomas
March 5 Rose City
March 13 Zenith Spring
March 27 State
April 17 Level 8 Regionals (if she makes it) Colorado!!!

Wow that seems like lots of meets.... :)

Well, it took forever, but we finally got the meet schedule.

November 28: gym wide critique meet
December 19-20 Judges cup
January 16-17 Janet Rothenberg invitational
January 22-24 Silvia Mitovia invitational
Feb 13-14 Rochester invitational (so much for a romantic getaway!
February 26 PInk invitational
March 26-Friendship Classic
april 24 sectionals in Lancaster
not sure wither she will go to states (if she makes it) in level 5 or 6

Very surprised we aren't doing Parkettes this year. (well, our older girls are, but only level 8 and up)

snowbound

Update on our Fall travel schedule:

Black-Eyed Susan- MD (Nov)
Dave Brown Memorial meet- Va (Dec)
Star Struck- Atlantic City, NJ (Jan)

We finally got our meet schedule for Flippers new gym.

Dec. 12 Santa Invitational, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Jan. 9 New Years Invitational, Wichita, Kansas
Jan. 23 Cereal City Classic, Battle Creek, Michigan
Jan. 30 Metroplex Challenge, Dallas, Texas
Feb. 6 Fiesta Bowl Invitational, Arizona
Feb. 20 Nadia Comaneci Int. Invitational, Oklahoma City, OK
Feb. 27 Pink Ribbon Invitational, Kansas City, Kansas
Mar. 20 State Meet, Kansas City, Kansas

Mercy, I was hoping that more of them would be closer to home. Arizona in February sounds nice, until I think of the expense of getting there!

Flippersmom.... my DD is 10 and a level 8 also... we will be a Metroplex Challenge!!! We will have to look for your DD....Wow you guys travel alot....what state are you in?

OK, I think this is the final schedule

Dec. 11-13 Christmas on the Chesapeake MD.
Jan. 15-17 Brestyan's Invitational MA.
Jan. 22-24 Sand Dollar Invitational FL.
Feb. 6-7 Winter Wonderland N.Y.
Feb. 20-21 Nittany Spring Invitational N.Y.
Mar. 5-7 Manhattan Classic N.Y.
Mar. 26-28 Flippin Into Spring N.Y.
Apr. 16-18 State Championship N.Y.

Flippersmom.... my DD is 10 and a level 8 also... we will be a Metroplex Challenge!!! We will have to look for your DD....Wow you guys travel alot....what state are you in?

We are in Kansas. There just aren't many big meets close to our gym, so we end up travelling a long way to get to meets. Flipper was supposed to compete 8 this year, but not sure what is going to happen now. She has missed over 2 weeks of gym and school and is still sick, so don't know when she'll be back in the gym and what skills she'll have lost in that time. She is frantic and thinks we're mean parents for not letting her work out while sick. Her school has been wonderful and is exempting her from much of the makeup work that isn't absolutely necessary.

We are in Kansas. There just aren't many big meets close to our gym, so we end up travelling a long way to get to meets. Flipper was supposed to compete 8 this year, but not sure what is going to happen now. She has missed over 2 weeks of gym and school and is still sick, so don't know when she'll be back in the gym and what skills she'll have lost in that time. She is frantic and thinks we're mean parents for not letting her work out while sick. Her school has been wonderful and is exempting her from much of the makeup work that isn't absolutely necessary.

Ugh! We know how you feel. Bean was out sick for a week, the last week of September, and another week now, fever, hacking etc... It's been a rough fall for sickness. I hope flipper feels better soon. I'm sure her skills are still there, she'll just need a few days when she gets back to regain her strength.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back