Parents Different score on score card from meet and meet website?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2littlebit

Proud Parent
Cgm coming out .... Warning!!

So my dd competed at a meet last weekend and her vault score on her score card was 8.850 ( that's what was on the scoreboard as well) however on the meet website, and my meetscores online it has her score as 8.8. So here is my question do I ask her coach to correct it , or let it go?

I know it isn't much of a difference but it would change her place by 3?

Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend, and good luck at any meets you may have this weekend. :)

Let it go. Mymeetscores is wrong as often as it's right. There are TONS of errors on there and it's not seen as any definitive source of score info- it's more for "fun" at least in my opinion.

I understand your frustration but given that the meet is over, I'd let it go. We were at a meet one year and there was a scoring error that was caught by a parent right after awards. The mom threw such a fit that TPTB decided to call everyone up, take all the awards back, and re-do the whole thing....just so this one kid could have her moment of glory.

One girl went home in tears because they took her medal back and there was a LOT of ill will and grumbling. We've never returned to that meet.

In an ideal world, scoring errors wouldn't happen but I like what Bog said....in the grand scheme of things, how much does it matter?

This is not worth pursuing AT ALL. My Meet Scores doesn't matter in any way and your coaches do not care about it.

Mymeetscores doesn't matter. But if the meet organizers published official results on their web site that show the score differently, then that's how it was recorded and accepted by the meet director. Judges can and do change scores during a meet if they made a mistake in math or in entering the score, or if they adjust after an inquiry. These usually show up on the scoreboard as a flashing number. It's possible the score was changed during the meet and you didn't see it because you weren't looking for it. It's also possible (depending on when the change was made) that it never showed up on the scoreboard.

Does it really matter? Only if the lower score means your child will miss qualifying for state or mobility by 0.05. Otherwise, no.

I understand your frustration but given that the meet is over, I'd let it go. We were at a meet one year and there was a scoring error that was caught by a parent right after awards. The mom threw such a fit that TPTB decided to call everyone up, take all the awards back, and re-do the whole thing....just so this one kid could have her moment of glory.

One girl went home in tears because they took her medal back and there was a LOT of ill will and grumbling. We've never returned to that meet.

In an ideal world, scoring errors wouldn't happen but I like what Bog said....in the grand scheme of things, how much does it matter?

Wow, that could have been handled so much better. A similar thing happened to my daughter once. They mixed her scores up at the meet with a teammate and instead of a mid 8, she showed a 7 something. They didn't get it fixed by awards and I knew something was wrong, but would never have said anything, coaches did after awards quietly so they could amend official record and the host gym gave her her medals. It cost her standing in 3rd place on the podium for the first time, but it wasn't worth them calling up other kids and recalling medals, whiwhich I had seen happen before. We explained it to her after and she agreed. She knew she really placed 3 AA an that was enough for her. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It was on the meet website also. And it may have been changed. This is her first year competing so I am new to a lot of this.

The qualification doesn't matter she is above that, and qualified months ago. Just curious about record keeping. It will be dismissed. Thank you for the replies.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back