Parents Difficult Situation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry, I meant to say she will NOT be at this gym but WILL be at a new one but you are right. It is like a chain of gyms in the area.

Thank you to everyone and especially Nicki and Moxiegrl83. I am very proud of her and her attitude through all of this. Of course she is hurt but she has shown more maturity than I have. I actually apologized to her and told her my anger had nothing to do with gymnastics but everything to do with the mama bear instinct that comes out when someone hurts your child. She has been working through what she wanted to do about gymnastics all summer, made up her mind, and then had the choice taken from her.

She sounds like a great kid. :) Keep us updated on how she likes her new gym and coaches. Sometimes a new situation and coaching style can work wonders on young gymmies, and I really hope she rocks L4 this season. Good luck!

I know I am late in replying, but I really hope your DD likes her new gym and sticks with the sport. My DD started competing when she was 8. It was clear very early on that she was behind the other girls. She barely qualified for sectionals her first season of level 4. She ended up competing two seasons of level 4, but we knew the transition from 4 to 5 was still going to be difficult for her. Her old coach, and the gym owner, basically told me that he was moving her up because she had already competed two years of 4 and he couldn't see making her do another season, but that he didn't expect her to be any good at level 5 and she would never progress out of level 5. Needless to say, we are no longer at that gym. In fact the gym closed shortly after because of mis-management by the gym owner. To make a long story a little shorter, my daughter ended up competing two seasons at level 5, but was a state beam and floor champ the second year. In level 6, she repeated as state beam champion. She had a successful season as a level 7 last year and will be competing level 7 again this year, but with the most advanced level 7 skills that can be competed. The moral of our story is to stick with it, especially if your dd truly loves the sport. Some kids just take a little longer to learn skills or grow into their bodies. Plus, the kids who have the hardest time when they are younger seem to stick with the sport longer and have a lot more success than some of the kids who seem like natural talents. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back