WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

These young women are so amazing. Hand the keys to this sport straight over to them. They should be the new board of directors.

It baffles me that girl after girl did tell on him. He was reported numerous times to a wide array of adults in these children's lives. Yet time after time people did not believe the child. Children don't make stuff like this up.......

This is the number one question/statement people outside of knowing the story keep on saying if you read the comments to stories written online. "How come none of the girls told anyone?" Most people reading the story for the first time assume that none of the girls told since it took him so long to get caught. It is baffling that so many girls told and nothing happened.

I didn't think I wanted to watch it, I thought it would be too hard. I listened to the teacher - I missed her name. So powerful. I am impressed with the judge - the remarks she made after. Now I wish I could listen to the whole thing. These women deserve to be heard. I will be following the rest of it, as much as I can.

As far as the ranch - I absolutely think it should be shut down. There are other places. Requiring victims to go back there to stay in the sport is unconscionable.

It is interesting that the judge knew nothing about the camp system.

Does anyone know the details of the seven counts on which he's being sentenced? If those incidents happened in Michigan, which I am assuming is the case, then it's entirely conceivable that the camps would not have come up until the victim impact statements.

Does anyone know the details of the seven counts on which he's being sentenced? If those incidents happened in Michigan, which I am assuming is the case, then it's entirely conceivable that the camps would not have come up until the victim impact statements.

Even if the camps came up in those cases, I really doubt the minutia of how they run would not have factored in. We would never assume parents were not allowed, would we.

My guess is that USAG is working on a replacement for the Ranch. The fact that they reneged on buying it suggests that they are looking for something else. While they are still using it now, it does take time to find and equip a facility as the other facilities are already being used by other groups. I hope that they move quickly on this though!

My guess is that USAG is working on a replacement for the Ranch. The fact that they reneged on buying it suggests that they are looking for something else. While they are still using it now, it does take time to find and equip a facility as the other facilities are already being used by other groups. I hope that they move quickly on this though!

There are at least three gymnastics summer camps sitting idle. IGC and Woodward are just there for the asking. All three are well equipped for a group of 30 - 60 athletes.

Has this already been posted? Interesting part about where a gymnast walked "down memory lane" discussing her coach who was young..pushed the limits...screaming...How all these girls wanted to do was please him. There seems to be a culture...not in all gyms, but in this sport that perhaps needs "revamped" to say the least. I have an opinion that the athletes AND the parents feel like this is simply the way it is to be amazing. The more screaming/abuse/pushing through an injury a kid does...somehow the more "committed" they are and are perhaps on a path to greatness. But, that is just my opinion. I know there are plenty of great examples of this not being the case. It's just something I've personally seen, and am not proud to say have even almost bought into.
http://wlns.com/2018/01/16/owner-of-popular-twistars-gymnastics-club-faces-abuse-allegations/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back