WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I hope this case makes kids less afraid of speaking up when something doesn't seem right. Simone and the other "stars" to speak out have been a great example. I can totally understand why the girls didn't mention it at first. They didn't want to be seen as "complaining."

I can’t remember which survivor it was but I was blown away when she said she told two counselors and someone from CPS and yet he still wasn’t investigated!

My dd and I have been watching a little together, hands clasped together and tears streaming down our cheeks. I mentioned that I didn’t think I could watch if Simone had testified, because she’s always been so happy and upbeat and it would be heartbreaking, and my dd said that would make it imperative to watch. To see and acknowledge that people can hide so much with a sweet smile- that makes it all the more important to also acknowledge the pain beneath the surface. My dd is 16, so I don’t speak toward younger girls at all, but I think it’s important to her as a teen.. an empowered young woman.. to bear witness for them and accept the evil that’s festered in a sport that she loves. It’s as eye opening as it is heartbreaking.

I pray that it was a tray of sandwiches in that box...

Rumor is the MSU Board of Trustees just had a cake delivered to their 3+ hour meeting regarding events surrounding Nassar, and the future of University President Simon.

Lunch, I can understand. A cake would seem tone-deaf

So this monster Larry Nasser still has an active YouTube channel full of videos of him showing different treatments, and taping methods, and other physio stuff being demonstrated on young girls!!

I have made a complaint to YouTube to have it taken down. If others want to, it might get attention faster. It's under the name gymnastics doctor.

Be warned, knowing what we know about him, these videos take on a new perspective, at least for me.

:(

Sounds like they are leaning towards either an existing camp or college facility for future camps. No details yet , they are working hard to figure it out. This just sucks because there are some really outstanding people who do the devo camps.

Sounds like they are leaning towards either an existing camp or college facility for future camps. No details yet , they are working hard to figure it out. This just sucks because there are some really outstanding people who do the devo camps.
I think adding a gym and additional dorm to a place like Chula Vista would be ideal, but obviously that's a long term solution that would take a lot of money.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back