WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILGymFan, I totally agree. I suspect what people have said about USAG ending up in bankruptcy may well be correct. And I know something (hopefully multiple somethings) will move in to fill the void. And I am sure it will be a disaster for a little while.

It's just unfortunate that in our area of the country, there's nothing else to step into if a competitive gym wants to stop giving money to USAG. As I said, USAIGC is 1500 miles away; the closest AAU meet is 800. Obviously gyms can get together and start from the ground up, but that's a hard sell at this point. TAAF is here, but they're even worse on athlete protections than USAG, and their presence kept out the alternative leagues.
I completely understand about the distance- but- if a few gyms make the switch then boom... local competition. It may have to start that way. At least the national infrastructure is there to build off of.

We’ve done both IGC, Xcel and JO. We’ve seen many of the same judges in all 3.

And many gyms have meets that have JO, Xcel and IGC at the same meet. Different sessions.
We have in fact had our kids at the same mee, some of them JO and some IGC. So the coach only has to go to one meet.

It can be done
Drat timed out

Also at those meets. Our IGC kids have the same judges as our JO kids. It’s not any more complicated then a meet that has multiple levels, or Xcel and JO at the same meet.

We’ve done both IGC, Xcel and JO. We’ve seen many of the same judges in all 3.

And many gyms have meets that have JO, Xcel and IGC at the same meet. Different sessions.
We have in fact had our kids at the same mee, some of them JO and some IGC. So the coach only has to go to one meet.

It can be done

Again, sure, maybe for artistic. T&T is another story. And I would imagine mens is as well. T&T judges are not artistic judges. The rules are beyond different. The scoring is beyond different. We are the ONLY T&T gym in a more than 50 mile radius. It's hard enough being the red headed stepchild of gymnastics as it is much less losing our ability to have meets and any semblance of competitions.

Again, sure, maybe for artistic. T&T is another story. And I would imagine mens is as well. T&T judges are not artistic judges. The rules are beyond different. The scoring is beyond different. We are the ONLY T&T gym in a more than 50 mile radius. It's hard enough being the red headed stepchild of gymnastics as it is much less losing our ability to have meets and any semblance of competitions.
But again, if USAG gilded tomorrow all those gyms and judges wouldn’t disappear- they would just have to hang a different banner. Those judges could train on a new code, gymnasts could compete to one. Heck they just changed the rules in USAG and while it was a pain, people figured it out. I have faith that competing under a different organization would be the same. AAU may or may not lay out a welcome mat- but they are out there doing T&T too, and they have an organization that could be joined.

I wonder what their reasoning was. Has anyone heard of objections to this bill?

Remember this if you are in their districts! Congress has an abysmal approval rating - under 10%, I think. Yet, we keep voting in the same people over and over - why is that? (not being partisan or looking to start a political debate - this happens in both parties)

I wonder what their reasoning was. Has anyone heard of objections to this bill?

Remember this if you are in their districts! Congress has an abysmal approval rating - under 10%, I think. Yet, we keep voting in the same people over and over - why is that? (not being partisan or looking to start a political debate - this happens in both parties)
I believe those three are very staunch states rights libertarians, who vote against any laws they believe are the federal government overstepping its bounds into areas they believe the constitution says should be left to each state. (Please don’t attack the messenger, just passing along info)

US folks, probably not a bad idea to contact your Senators and encourage quick action. I believe it will sail through the Senate easily as well, but it doesn't hurt for them to hear from their constituents.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back