WAG Disney theme gymnastics skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm making a lesson plan for my staff meeting on Saturday and I chose Disney theme. I need help coming up with skills, I've attached a picture of what I have any help I would appreciate
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1445957565.320632.jpg

what age/level?

some ideas for pre-school or young, low-level rec:
  1. dance like cinderella-passe or coupe turns on beam/floor
  2. pinocchio nose-put barrel or a block that is the same height as the bar in front of the bar, and have them tap their nose to it (to prep for forward rolls)
  3. down the rabbit hole-swing on bars, let go and fall into octagon filled with pit blocks OR crawl through tunnel on incline OR "tumble down the rabbit hole" by rolling down a cheese
  4. bridge to terabithia-bear crawl variations across low p-bars, or two floor bars placed parallel with ends on blocks
  5. rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your hair-rope climbs
  6. big bad wolf (i know there's a disney version of 3 little pigs)-build block houses/castles at the end of the tramp, then let them knock it down as they jump off into pit
  7. aristocat stretch-cat stretch or skin the cat
  8. swim like ariel-hang from bar, arch/hollow back and forth to "flap your tail"

A floor station could be similar to the superman hold but Buzz Lightyear, on a block they lay on their stomach in a hollow hold, but have them do it like Buzz flies with fist forward.
Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 10.49.19 AM.png

You need something Frozen, as kids will ask for it anyways. Maybe a log roll down a panel mat, as the Olaf roll?

I like the skin the cat idea, for Aristocats.
Handstand station could be a balou balance
Bar swings or straddle on dismounts, Jungle book monkeys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back