MAG Div 2 and regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

sce

Proud Parent
I am in region 1 and was just looking at the website for regionals. it states that only Div 1 level 5-7 will go to regionals. The USAG documents make it look like both Div 1 and 2 will go to regionals. Is this being left up to each region? Do you know what your region is doing?

wow. yeah, as far as I know, we will have regionals for both divisions. Our region tends to follow USAG pretty closely. I wonder if your regions did that due to numbers? That will add to some drama for gyms. I wonder how many boys will move over to D1 to try to make regionals?

Reactions: sce
We have no info at all yet on how compulsory regionals will work here. Not even dates for the meet!

I'd think a boy would likely have to compete in the same division at states and regionals, no? We have different SQ scores for both divisions.

I would think so...but they could move divisions up until then I would think....depending on the state.

that is crazy. From what I have seen there are a few D2 boys scoring better than D1 kids. I'd think that they would just say X% or X number of boys per level and then the highest scores determine it.

We don't know if L7 will be with optionals or with compulsory. It is obviously compulsory; but for our region (at least historically) ALL L7+ boys make it and only a % of L5 and L6. Add to that that R8 has split it up this year and has regionals as two different meets (optionals in the Atlanta area, compulsories in Daytona, FL). We have no real idea of what is going to happen.

Our compulsory regional meet is huge, so I am guessing they will have both D1 and D2 for Levels 5-7. But maybe they will let us know soon?? And like, let us know if they are doing all of the boys together or if they might actually have optionals at a separate meet so no one has to miss more than one day of school?

Our compulsory regional meet is huge, so I am guessing they will have both D1 and D2 for Levels 5-7. But maybe they will let us know soon?? And like, let us know if they are doing all of the boys together or if they might actually have optionals at a separate meet so no one has to miss more than one day of school?

Looks like just one 4-day meet for our Region... but the info on our state site is minimal, so it may not be the whole story.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back