Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

diving boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gracefulone

I was at this annual youth group pool party and like always, my friend Ryan and I were show offs doing flips and such, but we took it to the next level this year. He was doing double fulls(back) and I had the fulls(front and back). Then he would do a handstand on the edge, then block off, and I would go right away after. I practiced dismounts for beam-back walkover-backtuck, roundoff back tuck. Then we started doing 1 and a half flips ending in dives. It was so much fun. Gymnasts make great divers.!!:):)

Jun 13, 2007
NJ
Our highschools in this area do not offer gymnastics so alot of our gymnasts do diving in highschool. It seems a little less strenous on the body, but still as challenging. Keep having fun.:)

G

gracefulone

We have gym, opposite season of diving though, so some people do both. I don't compete hs gym, or diving, because I'd really like to take it easy the first semester and focus more on academics. I'm in a few clubs, and I also work. In spring I do track.

ShootingStaRr

Oct 5, 2008
New Zealand
diving was accidentally invented when a gymnast was practising gymnastics over water :eek:

most divers come from a gymnastics background!
all the divers i know are gymnasts or they are retired gymnasts.

gymgymgymnast08

Proud Relative
Former Gymnast
Dec 8, 2007
Country
USA
diving was accidentally invented when a gymnast was practising gymnastics over water :eek:

most divers come from a gymnastics background!
all the divers i know are gymnasts or they are retired gymnasts.

yup me 2. every single diver I know is a gymnast or was a gymnast. A lot of my teammates dive for high school. Then theres a lot who either jump or pole vault.

G

GymnastRaeRae87

i was at a bday party with all gymnasts a few years back and it was so fun...a pool party with a diving board but it didnt bounce :(
some people were to scared to do stuff off but i was like fine then ill do it hahaah! i was doing fulls and stuff it was awesome! :)

minfriendz

Jan 28, 2008
Illinois
I was a gymnast originally but my coaches told me that diving would help with air sense and such for gymnastics... Not at all for me! But i enjoyed doing both but it was very tiring sometimes when we had two diving practices and gymnastics right after!

TDiver

Jul 21, 2007
TN
Most divers are either former gymnast or curent gymnast. But lately a lot swimmers are starting diving because they see the divers practicing and it looks fun! I am pretty sure almost everyone on the USA national team has done some sort of tumbling or gymnastics. If not gym, then they started from a very young age. I had the opportunity for a 4 years to do both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Gymnast Forum 2
S Parent Forum 17
JBS Off Topic 9