Off Topic diving boards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gracefulone

I was at this annual youth group pool party and like always, my friend Ryan and I were show offs doing flips and such, but we took it to the next level this year. He was doing double fulls(back) and I had the fulls(front and back). Then he would do a handstand on the edge, then block off, and I would go right away after. I practiced dismounts for beam-back walkover-backtuck, roundoff back tuck. Then we started doing 1 and a half flips ending in dives. It was so much fun. Gymnasts make great divers.!!:):)

Our highschools in this area do not offer gymnastics so alot of our gymnasts do diving in highschool. It seems a little less strenous on the body, but still as challenging. Keep having fun.:)

We have gym, opposite season of diving though, so some people do both. I don't compete hs gym, or diving, because I'd really like to take it easy the first semester and focus more on academics. I'm in a few clubs, and I also work. In spring I do track.

diving was accidentally invented when a gymnast was practising gymnastics over water :eek:

most divers come from a gymnastics background!
all the divers i know are gymnasts or they are retired gymnasts.

diving was accidentally invented when a gymnast was practising gymnastics over water :eek:

most divers come from a gymnastics background!
all the divers i know are gymnasts or they are retired gymnasts.

yup me 2. every single diver I know is a gymnast or was a gymnast. A lot of my teammates dive for high school. Then theres a lot who either jump or pole vault.

i was at a bday party with all gymnasts a few years back and it was so fun...a pool party with a diving board but it didnt bounce :(
some people were to scared to do stuff off but i was like fine then ill do it hahaah! i was doing fulls and stuff it was awesome! :)

I was a gymnast originally but my coaches told me that diving would help with air sense and such for gymnastics... Not at all for me! But i enjoyed doing both but it was very tiring sometimes when we had two diving practices and gymnastics right after!

Most divers are either former gymnast or curent gymnast. But lately a lot swimmers are starting diving because they see the divers practicing and it looks fun! I am pretty sure almost everyone on the USA national team has done some sort of tumbling or gymnastics. If not gym, then they started from a very young age. I had the opportunity for a 4 years to do both!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back