Parents Do they ever televise gymnastics events?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Calimomof2

Proud Parent
Why are gymnastics events not more televised like other sports. I would love to see the American Classics and similar competitions on ESPN. If they can televise corn hole surely they can televise Gymnastics. What do you think?

I’m sure it has something to do with sponsors. Didn’t it used to be the Secret Classic? And I’m pretty sure it was on network television.

Speaking of corn hole, I was flipping through channels and I could hardly believe it. A tournament in Vegas with sponsors and everything! It was so fascinating I could hardly look away!

I’m sure it has something to do with sponsors. Didn’t it used to be the Secret Classic? And I’m pretty sure it was on network television.

Speaking of corn hole, I was flipping through channels and I could hardly believe it. A tournament in Vegas with sponsors and everything! It was so fascinating I could hardly look away!

I was flabbergasted . I couldn’t believe it.

Me too!!! we were at a sports bar watching World Cup on 5 televisions, but right there in the middle was a cornhole tournament. And the guys were even trying to "rev up" the crowd with their hands like "Come on, cheer!". I kept just staring at it, and my husband laughed at me :)

We watch some collegiate events via the PAC12 network so we get to see some great gymnastics schools like UCLA and Utah, and also noticed that other collegiate sports networks (SEC, BYU, Etc.) also carry gymnastics we just don't get those channels with our cable package. The FIGS events are also broadcast on ESPN2 or something like that but at really odd ball times. We set a general rule on our DVR for "gymnastics" so it records things that match that description.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back