Do you eat before meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't eat until one of my coaches tell me to. When I turn pale and get dizzy. Then I have a muffin or granola bar. I don't like eating before but I often end up to prevent any injuries or accidents.

First session of meet, they eat breakfast beforehand.
YG has been known to eat breakfast at home before our home meet... then she ate a granola bar 20 minutes before stretching... then had a McDonalds hashbrown when she was done warming up vault... she also had grapes and another granola bar and a yogurt tube in her bag for mid-session. As soon as her session was over, she got food on the way to awards... and ate lunch after awards... and on and on and on - I swear she has a hollow leg.

About 1 1/2 hours before a good healthy meal. Then granola, or some grapes for during. ( I always give mine some dark chocolate!)
If it's in the morning then I try to get a good breakfast, about one hour before.....but breakfast is never HUGE for my DD.
A friend of mine, who is a nutritionist also has always stressed to eat a lot the night before a morning meet, but be careful with restaurant food because it has a lot of sodium and grease.....that way, the morning pre meet meal isn't the only thing in the gas tank.

About 1 1/2 hours before a good healthy meal. Then granola, or some grapes for during. ( I always give mine some dark chocolate!)
If it's in the morning then I try to get a good breakfast, about one hour before.....but breakfast is never HUGE for my DD.
A friend of mine, who is a nutritionist also has always stressed to eat a lot the night before a morning meet, but be careful with restaurant food because it has a lot of sodium and grease.....that way, the morning pre meet meal isn't the only thing in the gas tank.
If we are driving the day of, the night before meal is pasta, protein, fruit, and veg with a cup of milk. Since it is pasta (and YG can't sleep if she is the least bit hungry) she has more before bed. Makes the morning breakfast so much easier too :)

If it's a morning meat ds usually has a smoothie and dd usually has a bowl of oatmeal. Both pack tons of snacks in their gym bag.

Afternoon meets, they definitely eat before. If they will be competing though a meal time, then I try to do a big late meal before, ie brunch or late lunch depending on meet time.

I am not a huge breakfast person to begin with, but when I used to compete I would force myself to eat something (otherwise I would end up with a massive headache by the end of the meet). Usually I stuck to a small breakfast. For example a slice of peanut butter toast, yogurt, a banana, half of a bagel with cream cheese, or a bowl of cheerios would do the trick. Then throughout the meet I would continue to make myself eat a little bit. My go to meet snack was carrots, but occasionally I would go for an apple or a banana mid meet.

Our go to breakfast is peanut butter on toast drizzled with a small amount of honey and scrambled eggs. Protein plus carbs.

My daughter likes breakfast tacos if we are driving from home, but a bagel and peanut butter if on the road. She will pack an apple or apple sauce in her bag.

My girl is 11. She drives the bus on when she eats regarding meets. One day does not an overall diet make.

Usually she eats a meal 2-4 hours before a meet.................... She eats whatever the meal is, breakfast, things like eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cottage cheese, bagel, cheese. Lunch sandwiches, protein, cheese............... Dinner time, usually a burger or pizza.........................

Anything closer is up to her.............. She usually wants to eat afterwards.

Chips and candy always work.................. :D

My girls always ate before a meet...usually pasta, as for the last 6 or 7 years, they were the night session. I, on the other hand, never ate a morsel until the competition was over because I was just too nervous to have to worry about my stomach. By the end of a late meet on a Saturday night, I was ready to eat your arm off though....

My girls always ate before a meet...usually pasta, as for the last 6 or 7 years, they were the night session. I, on the other hand, never ate a morsel until the competition was over because I was just too nervous to have to worry about my stomach. By the end of a late meet on a Saturday night, I was ready to eat your arm off though....
I am usually at all sessions... And may eat a donut or a banana. during the meet, but nothing more until it is over.

I am almost scared for life.. had a 10:00 meet in Chicago and we all went down to breakfast and I ate to much and bars was not fun for me... anyways. In morning meets I usually get a protein shake and that's all I can really eat. In afternoon meets, I eat lunch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back