Do you have to buy more then one comp leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is kind of a stupid question, but do you have to buy a leo for every meet or can you reuse? I've been wondering about this all year... :confused:

My home gym keeps the same leo for two years. On alternate years, they get new warm-ups. At college, the trend has been to keep a leo for four years, but the club actually owns the leos, so we only pay dues.

I mean, do you, as a gymnast, have to buy one competition leo per season that you compete in, to use for every meet?

Or do you have to get new leo for every meet?

I'd like to know because they're very expensive... xD

I think that it would be VERY rare to have to buy a new leo for every competition. I would think that you would only have to buy one per season, unless you grew out of the leo. Hope this helps.

We have one leo per season, well, maybe 2 or 3, i am not sure. But you definatly shouldn't have to buy an new one for each meet! That would be really expensive...our leo costs around 100 dollars. i have never heard of not being aloud to re-use a leotard.

My answer was quite clear: at my home gym, you purchase one leo to use for two years. For my university team, the club purchases leos every four years (approximately), and we do not pay for those individually because they belong to the club. For a typical JO gymnast, the only meets where you wouldn't wear your standard leo would be at regionals and nationals if the region provides apparel.

My answer was quite clear: at my home gym, you purchase one leo to use for two years. For my university team, the club purchases leos every four years (approximately), and we do not pay for those individually because they belong to the club. For a typical JO gymnast, the only meets where you wouldn't wear your standard leo would be at regionals and nationals if the region provides apparel.

I thought you meant that they got a new STYLE of leotards every two years.

This is kind of a stupid question, but do you have to buy a leo for every meet or can you reuse? I've been wondering about this all year... :confused:

Most gyms its the one leo you use over and over until you out grow it or until the gym changes the style. We do keep one old style if it still fits in the bag just in case something happens to the current one.

I think you would find it very rare for a girl to have a new leo for each competition except for those girls competing at international meets and the big national meets such as Visa Championships. Gyms pick a leo, have all the girls order it and use that one for 2-3 years, then usually change design and sometimes colors.

We didn't even have our own leos for a while, head coach would hand them out at the last training before a meet. :D

If you really wanted to you could buy two to be on the safe side incase something happened to one, but one should be fine.

In our gym, only the optional girls have multiple leos.
The rest of them use the same one leo at every competition until they either wear out, are out-grown, or the style changes.

comp leos

My team wears the same leotard to every meet and we buy a new one every 2-3 years, unless your on level 3 or below then they wear the sleeveless leos and buy a new one every year. That way they can wear the old ones at practice. Very rarely do people besides Olympic gymnasts wear different leos to every meet.

One leo every two seasons here--I can't imagine having to get a new leo for every meet! That would be horrendously expensive and a huge waste of money.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back