Parents Do you think I'm weird???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
It's not "season" for my girls yet....they won't start till January....and I am so missing the meets and the excitement, etc. Is that even normal? I come here and read about everyone else's kids, their triumphs, their disappointments, and I feel so out of the loop because my 2 aren't competing right now!

So, today, while my girls are at practice from 10-2, my crazy gym-mom friend and I are planning to go and watch our Level 4's compete, 45 minutes away.

Just wondering if I'm the only nutty one here :D BTW, it's not because I have nothing else to do - my son plays on 2 soccer teams and my girls are cheering for football, plus all of my volunteer stuff in addition to working!

You just reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw.

"My daughter is committed to gymnastics... that means so is the rest of the family."

It becomes so much a part of your life I think, it is like a cult. :D

You're just missing it. It will soon to come:) And, don't worry we are all weird on this website:D

I know what you mean. Since I don't know what a gymnastics meet is like, I am fine for now but what I am starting to miss are the cheerleading competitions!!! I find myself going on youtube finding random cheer routines just so that I can watch the routines and listen to the eardrum thumping music and all the "dings" and voice-overs!!!!

I'm a bit weird too, but it'as all good!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you want to watch a meet please come and watch my DD this weekend at the Pumpkin Cup (Rutgers campus) so I don't have too, LOL, after what happened last weekend I am not sure I want to watch again!

Seriously though, we will be done around Jan with meets and doing one "fun" meet scheduled for Feb, so after that we are done & we will enjoy reading about your DD's meets. If after all that stress is gone and I find I am missing something...shoot me. I suppose for you it is different because you have two girls doing it. It must be a huge part of your life. LOL, about the bumper sticker Mariposamom saw. I just came from 2 baseball games and this is fall ball. When it ends we feel lost until March/April when reg season starts. My middle child is thinking about doing wrestling after Fall ball ends. The sports never stops around here so I guess I don't go thru too much withdrawl.

You're not crazy though...go to the meet and have fun without the nail biting and stress that goes along with watching your own! The most fun I had was attending a Rutgers meet. I realized it was more fun because I wasn't scared for my DD and I could really watch and enjoy. It feels different when you are watching people NOT related to you compete.

I'm back! We did have fun at the meet, without any stress.

And we are not competing at Pumpkin Cup this year, although I did look at the rotation sheets and found that they had 2 of our gymnasts listed!! I contacted the meet director and had a good laugh about it!

Once we start in Jan, it will be full-force....since we compete both USAG and USAIGC and the seasons overlap!!

well, then I am weird too! LOL DD and I try to go to at least 1 compulsory meet a year, if our meets were any closer we would probably go to more than one.

It is fun to watch a meet without the stress isnt it?

Yeah, you're weird. But that's OK, we all are! I've got you beat though- I have my dd's floor music programmed on my ipod!

Yeah, you're weird. But that's OK, we all are! I've got you beat though- I have my dd's floor music programmed on my ipod!

Me too:eek:

I also go to watch meets that my girls aren't in, we go to support the team. Sometimes on of our team girls will be by herself in a rotation, so my girls put on their watm up and stay with the gymmie for moral support. Other girls have done that for my girls too, being alone is stressful, coaches are great but they are not buddies.

Hey Bog...What a sigh of relief here! I thought I was the only one to have dd's floor music on my ipod. But, I have to admit, it's not the gymie version; it's the real instrumental version which is very pretty. I told dd I only hear it 12 times a year so I certainly don't get tired of it. Of course, SHE hears it every practice so she doesn't love it the way I do.

Here's another one- I TRIED to tune it in as my ringtome on the cell phone, but couldn't find it. I thought it would be hilarious if my phone rang while I was out with the gym gang!

I know my oldest is still to young to compete. I can't wait until she turns five so she can be on team! Im really looking forward to watching all the meets.

Don't think you are weird I like seeing everyone's results as well.

I do not have DD's floor music on my IPOD - I am pretty sick of the level 3 floor music. looking forward to level 4 - but I will probably sick of that after a couple meets :p

Don't think you are weird I like seeing everyone's results as well.

I do not have DD's floor music on my IPOD - I am pretty sick of the level 3 floor music. looking forward to level 4 - but I will probably sick of that after a couple meets :p

Ugggg.. Yeah, the level 4 one comes to haunt me at night.:rolleyes::p

Ugggg.. Yeah, the level 4 one comes to haunt me at night.:rolleyes::p

No compulsory music here, Little Bog has Inspector Gadget, big Bog has Shawn Johnsons music from 2005 (heaven's a place on earth). I have a ton of floor music on my ipod, that way I can dance through my day.

I am a complete whack job!!!:D:eek::D

Sorry you are not going to be there because you have to, but I can always save you a seat in case you want to visit!

We really aren't prepared for our skit this year. I guess the coach was so worried about sectionals, the whole routine for Pumpkin Cup just never got done. They are doing something short & sweet that can be thrown together in about 3 practices. They are going to do an army skit. They got an outfit donated (hat, camo shirts, shorts and socks)so at least they will LOOK good!

Good thing you were able to clear up the mess ahead of time with the2 gymnasts. How were you able to see the rotations, are they posted somewhere? I would love to know who we are competing with. DD knows some girls at a "rival" gym, and I just found out today they are going & we would love to see them but don't know when they are going. It seems like we only compete with the same gyms all the time no matter where we go.

Sorry you are not going to be there because you have to, but I can always save you a seat in case you want to visit!

We really aren't prepared for our skit this year. I guess the coach was so worried about sectionals, the whole routine for Pumpkin Cup just never got done. They are doing something short & sweet that can be thrown together in about 3 practices. They are going to do an army skit. They got an outfit donated (hat, camo shirts, shorts and socks)so at least they will LOOK good!

Good thing you were able to clear up the mess ahead of time with the2 gymnasts. How were you able to see the rotations, are they posted somewhere? I would love to know who we are competing with. DD knows some girls at a "rival" gym, and I just found out today they are going & we would love to see them but don't know when they are going. It seems like we only compete with the same gyms all the time no matter where we go.

Our skit is always pulled together last minute. I'd rather have the girls concentrate on their routines than the skit!!!

I do our meet registrations, so I get the rotation sheets to check - I guess for all meets whether we're entered or not, or this one cuz they THOUGHT we were entered, lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back