WAG Do your daughter's summer training hours increase?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Just wondering if your daughter's hours increase in the summer and if so, by how much? So, what is your daughter's level and school year hours vs. summer?

My daughter is a level 7, training for level 8 next season. During the school year they train 19.5 hours a week and during the summer they do 24 hours a week. All our optionals level 7-10 do the same.

Yes, almost the same as yours. 19 during the school year, 25 during the summer (levels 7-10).

No change here for summer other than we start at 9:00! She goes 16 hours and just finished level 7.

23.5 with 1 hr of ballet during the year. 26 with 1 hr ballet in the summer. Competed Level 8 and trying for 9 next year. Oh, and lucky us get to bring her to the gym at 6:30am. Ick.

16 right now to 20 in the summer.

I know. Sigh. I went round and round with her coach (he's my boss, too) but this is the best way for her to capitalize on being with him. Sigh. Just dream about me and send me feeling sorry vibes this summer. It's for two months. That's my mantra. I can do anything for two months, lol. And it really is hot as death here in the summer, so earlier is better for her. Our gym just gets portable air conditioning units. If we had real ac, our tuition would be in the thousands per month!!
I mostly feel sorry for brother. We live so far away, he will have to go at 6:30, too. Even though his group doesn't start until 8:30. There's a couch in the lobby. I think he will become well acquainted with it!!!

20 to 22.5 when she was on club. Now in HS and does once a week currently. Will go three times a week during summer (3 hrs to 9 hrs)

20 school year, 20 summer, no more offered for anyone. Does switch from pm to am (blessedly starts at 9 - boys start at 830 across town, though...). She's Level 8 (training but will compete it for sure....so however you count that?)

We are in the Uk so its Very different here. Firstly summer holidays are only 6 weeks long. Gym hours don't change at all ( she is approx US level 6 and is 10) but the gym offers additional daytime sessions for those who wants them. She usually ends up doing 1 or 2 extra a week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back