Does any one always wear there hair up??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

Hi just wondering does any of u guys always wear ur hair up?? I have a friend who does.

No... I usu. only wear it up if it looks really bad or if it looks good with a specific outfit. I like headbands though! My hair's fairly short, and I just found out it looks really cute curled with the front parts pinned back, so I wake up early to do that sometimes.

haha yes. ive been made fun of for never wearing it down & ive actually been told that my hair is going to grow weird in a ponytail or something. i never wear it down unless i straighten it & i never feel like it. & i hate wearing it down when its all curly & all.

:rotfl::jump:nope. normally i wear my hair down unless it is really wet or ou:spin:tside its hot cuz my school has no ac.:D or, if it is wet i put it down later

I usually wear it up like all the time. It's my preferred style. But I will wear it down in the winter and to church or if I feel like it. :D

i wear my hair up a lot cause it's can get out of control lol.

but i normally wear it down a couple days a weak though if it's straightened or controllably curly.

I always wear my hair up in a ponytail. If I do wear it down I have it straightened or have if half pulled up. I like the fact that my hair is longer, but I don't like how it gets in the way a lot.

I ALWAYS wear my hair tied up.
Alot of my friends tell me to wear it down coz it looks nice (yea right!) but it just gets in the way. My hair kinda needs a cut at the moment.
I hate it in summer when i am training and hy head starts to itch coz My hair is sticking to my scalp because its soooo hot ( I live in australia, the average temprature in summer is 35 degrees which is 40 degrees in the gym and our gym has no AC!!and its a tin shed!!!!)
When you guys do front saults, does you hair flick you in the eyes? My hair does and it stings really bad!

i'm kind of the opposite of most of you guys. when i'm not at the gym i usually wear my hair down. i'm pretty girlie and spend a lot of time getting ready in the morning (well more than my mom or sister or anyone)

i'm kind of the opposite of most of you guys. when i'm not at the gym i usually wear my hair down. i'm pretty girlie and spend a lot of time getting ready in the morning (well more than my mom or sister or anyone)

Lol, you should meet gracefulone. She's the girly-girl of the Chalk Bucket. :) And we love her for it. :)

I never wear my hair down, it feels wierd when its down and gets in my face.
I even tie it up when i sleep. The only time i take it down is when i have a shower.
My friends always tease me for never taking it down.

yea same here!
I heard somewhere that if u wear your hair in a really tight ponytail all the time that your hair line can receed!
It deems tru in my case:)

I sometimes wear my hair, up but at school i usually wear it down..
at gymnastics always up of course, and when i sleep its down.
so no.. lol but some people who go to my gym are like that, hair ALWAYS up.

~ :D

I do both, really. I often wear my hair down to church and around the house, but for coaching and training I put it up in a ponytail. I got my hair cut really short at the start of the summer, but before that it was almost down to my waist, and I wore it up or back almost 24/7:p. Now it's finally getting back to the 'perfect' gymnast length, and I'm finding myself wanting to put it up ALL the time again, otherwise it gets into my face.

If I'm not sleeping or wearing a hat, my hair is almost always in a ponytail. I always wear a low ponytail in the gym so I don't get flicked in the eyes. I used to have short hair and that was so convenient for gymnastics! But it was a hassle to maintain. Before I started gymnastics, I was a ballet dancer. Back in my ballet days my hair was constantly up!

I always wear my hair up now, but didn't used to until I really got into ballet about 7 years ago, I think it is permanently stuck in a ponytail :p

My hair is almost always in a ponytail. Part of it is that it's half-way wavy and half-way straight, so unless I do something with it, it looks retarded. The other part of it is that half of the time I'm upside down. LOL I do cartwheels down the hall, handstands in the living room, etc. It's takes too long to do something with my hair, so I usually wear it up in a ponytail to school and around the house.

And I definitely put it up when I sleep too, otherwise it gets in my face.

Last edited:
Funny! Me and my friends from the gym had a conversation a while ago about how we never see eachother with our hair down because it's always up at the gym. Then we all took our hair out and everyone loooked so different!

i wear mine up most of the time. but most of my friends want me to wear it down

did you know that wearing your hair tied up makes it grow faster?

my hair is up probably 75% of the time. Between my dance classes at school and gym later in the evening, it's just a waste of time to do anything with it. I don't want to have to deal with doing my hair before ballet, so I just take care of it in the AM and it stays that way the rest of the day. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back