Does Anyone Else See Something Wrong With This?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That's disgusting. I've seen coaches from gyms that hated each others' guts help a gymnast in pain. Does he coach Daria too?

I wasn't advocating it, just stating it for the record. I'm about as bleeding heart as they come, but I don't think her coaching situation is likely to change and I can't speculate on the father's humanity and/or why he chose to do what he did.

Does he coach Daria too?

No. Dasha is coached by Nicolai and Martine. Vladmir (her father) coaches the younger kids (international 10/ juniors).

you can see he actually does react when it looks like she hurts herself in the first tumbling line..... he stands up out of his seat, but when she continues he sits down again..... also as she limps/crawls towards him he turns towards her, so it's not like he is completely ignoring her. I don't think you can really judge them based on a video..... she may be saying to him "i'm fine" or whatever, we can't hear what they are saying .... Having seen him coaching in person at national championships last year he seems like a pretty nice guy.....

then again I could be completely wrong! who knows :confused:

she may be saying to him "i'm fine" or whatever, we can't hear what they are saying .... Having seen him coaching in person at national championships last year he seems like a pretty nice guy.....

then again I could be completely wrong! who knows :confused:

If my coach sees me land on my face even on a mat or tramp she makes sure i'm okay!!! I understand that sometimes a gymnast will try to tell their coach they're okay, but if she can't walk, than he should have helped her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back