WAG Does Gabi Douglas have the highest scoring potential in women's gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gasrgoose

Proud Parent
Jordyn Weiber only beat Gabi by .20 points and Gabi had a fall on beam. Jordyn is the reigning world champion and considered by some as the favorite for the gold medal in London. You probably can't fall and win. But if Gabi Douglas "hits" on all events is there anyone who could beat her in the all around? Aly Raisman had what looked like a good meet and Gabi beat her by .75 with her fall on beam.

I really enjoy watching Jordyn and Aly, but it seems like Gabi might have the highest scoring potential. I was suprised the TV broadcasters didn't point out how well Gabi had scored even with her fall.

Jordyn won the world championships with a 121.9 also.

My daughter was saying the same thing. She likened it to one of her own meets where she tied her highest AA with a fall and took 2nd place 3/10 behind the winner. I reminded my little one that, although it is wonderful to imagine, what really matters is the performance when it counts!
It was nice to see Gabby try to save the fall, though. She has come a long way in a year. I do think if she is on and and is able to hit all of her routines under pressure that she will be a force to be reckoned with. Such amazing lines, difficulty, power and that smile- I really enjoy watching her.

She seems to have huge scoring potential. If she hits on all four, I don't think the other girls can hang with her right now. We definitely seem to have the makings of a formidable team this go round. If any other countries have enough to make it competitive, the Olympics is going to be an incredible display.

She would have won in this scenario without a fall. But on the other hand, Jordyn had some costly errors as well that came short of a fall, missed connections on beam and some rough landings (not convinced she didn't hurt her knee a bit on the first day vault landing). So, there's all that. Of course, Gabby had mistakes that were short of a fall as well. They are pretty well matched with different strengths. Can Gabby win, yeah - she's come out on top before, even if it "didn't count." She could really do anything as she seems to have not peaked yet, at least in terms of her competition performance. In another month she could be even better.

you can still win even with a fall. that is the present code. Gabby has the potential to break a 62.00. nobody else can currently do that.:)

Gabby FX Difficulty at Trials

I'm going to hijack this thread, if you don't mind... but it does have to do with the topic of difficulty previously discussed.

At trials Jordynn upgraded her difficulty for both prelims and finals (from Visa's) and was consistent throughout both nights in regards to difficulty start value.

Gabby's start value fluxuated some on both nights for bars, beam and floor. Bars I can find the difference, beam I can find the improvement, but I'm at a loss at what the two tenth difference was from night one to night two on Gabby's floor difficulty. Night one was 6.2 SV and night two was 6.0 SV

Anybody able to fill me in?

I can see that being an execution deduction... but not sure in FIG how that combination effects the start value. That doesn't have 2 tenths connection value does it? I'm not familiar with FIG valuations... but that doesn't seem right. The split jump is only an 'A' skill. Maybe the 2/1 pirouette was considered incomplete?

yes, plus the execution or "E" score. i'm sure she lost .3. well, pretty sure.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back