WAG Does this level 7 beam have enough a b skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughters level 7 beam has all the right dances turns and leaps but all of a sudden the coach said she doesn't know (even though she made it up) if it has enough a and b skills. All because her mount is a press mount. She then does front walkover front walkover and a round off back tuck dismount. Her meet is in three weeks is this enough?? Thanks

We would need more info...what are all the skills in her routine? She's fine on b's but would need more info to tell about a's

We would need more info...what are all the skills in her routine? She's fine on b's but would need more info to tell about a's

What do you mean by skills ? like leaps and turn skills? I think the confusion came from her press mount they didn't know what it counted as on the beam because they couldn't find it in the code book?

She does Press Mount, dance moves, full turn,another turn (not full), leap seasone, front walkover front walkover, split jump, arabasque, round off back tuck dismount.

Thanks!

her acro is front walkover front walkover. Then she does the round off back tuck dismount.

her other level sevens do a back walover back walover cartwheel back tuck dismount.

she is doing a front walkover because she just broke her hand doing a bhs bhs on beam so we are working her courage back up

She needs 2 Bs and 5 As. If she has extra Bs they will count as As

I don't know what the value for a press mount is but it's probably a B.
Full turn - A
Leap - A
Scissone - A
Front walkovers - B (she will only get credit for the second front walkover if the judges give her the connection)
Split jump - B
I don't know about the arabesque.
Round off - B
Back tuck dismount - A

She has four Bs (five with both walkovers) and four As plus the arabesque which I'm not sure about. So she definitely has enough skills, even if she doesn't connect the front walkovers. She sounds like she's in a great position to win some medals!

FWO FWO is an acro series. Oh, I just saw above that she does a roundoff, so that would be her flight element-Sorry I missed that!...she should be covered then...

Also the round off counts for flight, if anyone was wondering.

I believe the split jump has to be 180 degrees to be counted as a B. But as long as she has that, then she is fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back