WAG Does this meet requirements for Level 8 floor?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastmom05

Proud Parent
My DD has had some tumbling issues (not her area of strength). Her new gym is playing around with her floor passes. They had been working hard on her front layout but apparently it just wasn’t going well. They now changed it to this (she used to do 3 passes at old gym but new gym does not to cut down on possible deductions): RO, Full and a half, front tuck and RO BHS FULL. Floor coach didn’t think that would meet requirements but HC says it does. Thoughts? She does those 2 passes well, twisting seems to click for her.

Level 8 special requirements are (related to tumbling):
* 3 saltos (layout 1/1, layout 3/2, front tuck)
* a pass with 2 saltos (layout 3/2 + front tuck)
* "A" salto in last pass (fine here)

So...she's fine in terms of tumbling special requirements.

She will get hit with a composition deduction for "acro up to level."

Level 8 special requirements are (related to tumbling):
* 3 saltos (layout 1/1, layout 3/2, front tuck)
* a pass with 2 saltos (layout 3/2 + front tuck)
* "A" salto in last pass (fine here)

So...she's fine in terms of tumbling special requirements.

She will get hit with a composition deduction for "acro up to level."
Thank you! The composition would be because she doesn't have a connected front tumbling pass? I feel like I completely understand on beam (she competed bhs bhs and a tuck last year on beam last year and obviously others didn't do a tuck so she was fine).

Thank you! The composition would be because she doesn't have a connected front tumbling pass? I feel like I completely understand on beam (she competed bhs bhs and a tuck last year on beam last year and obviously others didn't do a tuck so she was fine).
If a level 8 gymnast only does 2 passes on floor, the “up to level” expectation is that each pass has two directly connected saltos, with each tumbling pass including a “B.”

So the “problem” is the problem is that she ends with a RO, BHS, layout 1/1 (one salto).

An “up to level” 2 pass routine would have a second pass like front layout + front tuck or RO, BHS, layout 1/2 + front pike

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back