Does Your Gym Require GYMNASTS to Wear Masks?

Does Your Gym Require GYMNASTS to Wear Masks?

• Yes

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 58 73.4%

• Total voters
Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

lostinfog

Proud Parent
May 3, 2020
Country
USA
Are you talking about just to walk in and walk out? Or actually practice with them on?

momofsushi

Proud Parent
Oct 3, 2018
Country
Canada
For gymnasts over 10: they wear mask to enter the building, but they take it off at the station, exercice and then put it on when they move between stations. Girls have to be 2 meters apart, if not, they put their mask on. It’s been like that since they re-start in June. They are not wearing mask when they do the Skills....

ldw4mlo

Proud Parent
Feb 13, 2015
Country
USA
Yes and No. They are required to wear masks when they are not on the floor. So into and out of the building. Bathroom breaks. Masks required.

On the floor they are SD by group. Coaches wear masks. All working well. Be doing this since beginning of July.

NYS just opened gyms for working out. I wear my mask, we all do. Happy to be back. Masks s$ck and if its masks to be back or stay home.. Bring on the masks. No one loves them. We all deal. Been wearing them at work since March.

chalkbowl

Coach
Judge
Nov 16, 2006
Country
USA
OK. I think it is private now. Did you want to clarify it? I mean, my kiddo has to wear his mask at all times, except on equipment...
Oh yeah...I specifically mean while doing gymnastics or while flipping.

KSLaura

Coach
Coach
Proud Parent
Dec 30, 2012
Colorado
Country
USA
Our gym requires coaches, spectators, and gymnasts over 10 to wear masks (age based off state mandate). Older gymnasts remove masks at stations, so no flipping with masks. Elementary schools started back here a couple of weeks ago.

kgymmom

Proud Parent
Aug 25, 2020
Country
USA
Our gym requires mask while they aren't doing skills but I think it's getting a little more lax because there are no active cases in our town. My dd usually wears her mask the whole practice. She says she doesn't even notice it now.

lostinfog

Proud Parent
May 3, 2020
Country
USA
Ours are for those 10 and older when they walk in and get their temp check and then again for dismissal. No mask during practice. Coaches wear masks. Parents are required if they want to watch practice.

Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!