Parents Does your gym update you on how your child is doing?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have once a year one on one meetings with the coaches. After competition season is over. To wrap up the last years season and look ahead to the upcoming year.

I can call HC when I am concerned and talk to him. Normally though, I get vaugue answers. Like so many other posters... do they learn that in coaching school??? I talk to the assistant coach a lot ( it is HC's Daughter). I can really voice my concerns with her and then she can present it to him. He is a typical male - kinda stubborn, likes to think everything is HIS idea.. (sorry no offense to any dad posters here),

For example - last year during comp season HC invited DD to compete L8, she decided to finish the season out at L7. This year he is demanding a Pioruette on bars to go to L8. No one had a change of direction during their first year of L8 last year. Only one girl did and it was her second year at L8. She has worked SO hard this summer to get that skill. She has done several of them but they are not consistent at all... and she has only done 1 in a full routine. so she is becoming frutrated. I tried to explain to HC it is hard on a 12 year old when you tell her one thing then change your mind. He said rules are rules and she has till Oct 1st to get the skill.. arg..SOO Frustrating. Now dd just wishes she could go back and compete L8 last year. Oh and 1 other L8 (who competed last year) still doesnt have her Pioruette but will be competing... doesnt make sense to me...

Sorry that was a rant! I guess I am a little frustrated these days...

I feel your frustration as well. Getting any communication from my DD coaches is like pulling teeth. One of the coaches is co-owner even. One of the few times that I was able to talk to them recently, he got up and left in the middle of the conversation got in his truck and left. No "excuse me I need to be somewhere"....nothing. I felt that that was very rude and not something you should do in a business setting. It ticked me off!!

I went to the other owner who doesn't work with my DD's group and complained about the lack of communication. (These people do not return phone calls or emails period.) This was 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen any changes. I feel the same way the rest of you feel. I am paying $275 per month and a little feedback would be nice. But based on everyone elses post here, my guess is the norm and it will not change.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back