Parents Does your state hand out anything at states?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

e'smum

Proud Parent
I am finding it enlightening that each state seems to do things a different way in regards to qualifying for states. I figured the way our state does things was done by the USAG rule book and all states did it the same way. That is not the case!

So curious if your state gives anything out to all the girls as a way of acknowledging they made it to states. In level 3, everyone gets a trophy in our state. Those who didn't make the AA are called up after and given trophies. This is the case for every meet as a level 3. Is this the same in each state?

Also, each girl that makes it to states gets a state pin with their level # on it. Levels 4 and up also get a certificate. I assume that's done in each state as well but maybe not?

Thank you for indulging my curiosity! :cool:

Mass excel they get a pin at States and that is all unless you place
i'm in MA as well. JO is the same. unless it's level 3 and those who didn't place in the AA get a participation trophy
i know in excel bronze participation trophies/medals are handed out at the regular meets as well in MA, so assumed they get them at states also.

I am guessing since it is a USAG thing, and they buy from USAG, USAG gives options. I imagine cost is a factor.

Pin probably cheaper than a medal which is probably cheaper then a trophy.

I wonder if some recognition is required though??? Hmmm

i'm in MA as well. JO is the same. unless it's level 3 and those who didn't place in the AA get a participation trophy
i know in excel bronze participation trophies/medals are handed out at the regular meets as well in MA, so assumed they get them at states also.

We are in MA as well. When my girls were in bronze they did hand out participation trophies at states. In silver they only gave trophies to the top 8? in each age group.

We usually get a gift of some sort that has the level and the year on it - like a water bottle, T shirt or blanket.

At our state meets medals only go out 25% (where most meets do 50%) and they only have to award ties in the last position. We do not get participation medals as far as I recall.

There are no certificates or participation trophies given here. The host gym usually does a small gift like any other meet we go to...Once it was a pin, once was a lunch bag, etc. Medals are just like any other meet, but are the USAG medals.

We don't have any awards like that but each kid gets a state gift, which the past few years has been a drawstring grip bag and then a bag that was sort of like a small backpackish thing (can't really describe it) then there was a drawstring grip bag in another color.

There are no certificates or participation trophies given here. The host gym usually does a small gift like any other meet we go to...Once it was a pin, once was a lunch bag, etc. Medals are just like any other meet, but are the USAG medals.

I think that is similar to what we have in NC. This year they gave away a towel. I can't remember for sure since dd didn't finish top 3 AA, but I think they only had medals and no trophies at all even for the top 3.

Actually now that I think about it, they did give out medals to everyone during the AA. The top 50% AA were announced individually and they stood on the podium and then the rest were called as a group without naming their place, but they were given a medal.

I think that is similar to what we have in NC. This year they gave away a towel. I can't remember for sure since dd didn't finish top 3 AA, but I think they only had medals and no trophies at all even for the top 3.

Actually now that I think about it, they did give out medals to everyone during the AA. The top 50% AA were announced individually and they stood on the podium and then the rest were called as a group without naming their place, but they were given a medal.
Weird- NC here as well and I don't recall DD getting anything at xcel states or compulsory or optional other than the typical medals.
Very possible my memory has failed me though!

Last year DD competed in Kentucky, and per their USAG rules all level 2 (and 3 I think) gymnasts must get an AA award (at every meet, including state) and they must award 33% on each event although most did 50% +
1 (inclusion state). They also limit every age division to 15 girls. At state, they also gave each girl a t-shirt (and ugly one, but a t-shirt). This year, she will compete in Ohio and I do not think they have the same rules.

Not a thing, not even a certificate, and the divisions are very large so very few people win anything either as they give out the top 6 places only.

But you can buy state merchandise.

It depends on the state.
It depends on the meet host.
It depends on the Level (the higher up you go, the less you'll see medals for all AA participants).

At L9, I don't expect dd to get anything except medals for events she places on.

It depends on the state.
It depends on the meet host.
It depends on the Level (the higher up you go, the less you'll see medals for all AA participants).

At L9, I don't expect dd to get anything except medals for events she places on.

Last year at state, D got an AA medal for L9....and he only did 3 events. He was laughing. It was not last place as one other kiddo only did 1 event, and also got an AA medal.

Last year at state, D got an AA medal for L9....and he only did 3 events. He was laughing. It was not last place as one other kiddo only did 1 event, and also got an AA medal.
Hmmmmm.....that seems bizarre. Sounds like some award room volunteers didn't know what they were doing!

Nope. The usual "meet swag" like a water bottle or grip bag or something... I think one year it might have been a slap bracelet..? At the lower compulsory levels they have some sort of special "all star team" with the very highest scores from Sectionals, those girls got to stay and compete an additional session for fun and they got a special leotard.
Pins etc are usually for sale during the meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back