Parents Doing the happy dance...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I posted last week that DD got her kip and we were very excited. Yesterday at practice she worked the first half of the L5 bar routine and I heard she was looking really good. I figured it would take a bit for her to get the 2nd half... Well, today she was working on her own while her coach was doing a private and she got her squat on jump to high bar, long hang kip and the rest of the high bar portion of the routine. I was amazed and thrilled but that was nothing compared to the smile on her and her coach's faces. I figured the 2nd part of the routine on the high bar would require some time and spotting to get her comfortable and successful... I guess I was wrong. It is a bit surreal though because she is so tiny. That high bar seems sooo high - LOL.

So we are totally doing the happy dance at our house. At this rate she will be ready to rock L5 next season. Her coaches were set on her repeating L4 this year which I think was the right call based on not having her kip or vault so she did not get to uptrain much over the summer. With her L4 routines looking pretty good she does get to uptrain occasionally during practices and has gotten some big skills recently. Her ROBHSBT looks nice and high now and she is training her layout with a light spot. She has her cartwheel and back walkover on the high beam along with her flyaway on bars. Her giants are still being spotted but looking good and her cast handstands are coming along. It is always so much fun when things start clicking and new skills keep coming.

Hopefully she will do well during her meets this season so she will get to continue working on the fun stuff...

If you haven't seen the new video posted of some of her fun gym stuff, check it out.

YouTube - jlewis219's Channel

Her hair was perfect.... :D

She looked great. What fun.. That was a great video... Keep up the work good work Juju...

Sean

Very cute and impressive! I am amazed that she has uptrained that much. Our gym introduces level 6 skills to level 4s but they don't really work on those skills (level 6) a lot until they are new level 5s. Wow!

Great to hear from you guys. I guess that time is rolling around again. Have not been visiting much until now. Look forward to seeing you again this year. Good luck and sounds like she is really doing well. Level 8 is really something this year. Miss Bailey is getting so serious, I sometimes don't recognize her. I can't even watch the things they are doing now. Fingers crossed for everyone this year.

WOW!!!

Juju is really talented! Why isn't she competing level 5?!?

Love those curls!

Last edited:
Why isn't she competing level 5?!?

Our gym does move ups in the Spring and she just was not ready. She worked really hard over the summer and conditioned like crazy putting on several pounds of muscle weight and gaining lots of strength. I think that has made a huge difference. Being a little older (she just turned 7) has also improved her body awareness and I think is a contributor to things really starting to click for her recently.

I just consider myself lucky that her coaches reward them with uptraining. They believe in exposing the young ones to as much as they can before fear sets in. By working the higher skills they are hoping it will lead to a smooth progression slowly getting to the point that the girls are mentally ready to do them by the time their bodies are physically ready to handle doing the skills on their own.

We are hoping for a strong L4 season and looking forward to moving to L5 this coming spring.

She is so adorable and so talented!! Looks like she has a blast at practice. How nice that she is getting to really shine at L4 this season and still gets to uptrain a ton. She rocks!!

Our gym does move ups in the Spring and she just was not ready. She worked really hard over the summer and conditioned like crazy putting on several pounds of muscle weight and gaining lots of strength. I think that has made a huge difference. Being a little older (she just turned 7) has also improved her body awareness and I think is a contributor to things really starting to click for her recently.

I just consider myself lucky that her coaches reward them with uptraining. They believe in exposing the young ones to as much as they can before fear sets in. By working the higher skills they are hoping it will lead to a smooth progression slowly getting to the point that the girls are mentally ready to do them by the time their bodies are physically ready to handle doing the skills on their own.

We are hoping for a strong L4 season and looking forward to moving to L5 this coming spring.

I think she is doing Amazing! She is very talented and throwing some really big skills for her age! She is definately going to rock the rest of her L4 season! Can't wait to see her as a L5?

Olivia's gym is very similar. They figure..let's introduce the skill while there are still relatively lighter and fearless. Olivia's been introduced to many of those skills too but I don't think she is anywhere near learning some them on her own. Needless to say Olivia loves all the uptraining. I tend to be concern more with the lack of L4 skills they practice especially on bars. Either way Olivia is super happy with gym.

I hope things start clicking for Liv soon too. She turns 7 yo in April.

CONGRATS! She will make an AWESOME L5! I agree with all everyone else, your DD is sooo talented! How nice that your gym gives the girls so much opportunity to uptrain too, my DD loves any opportunity to learn something new, but right now it is L5 routines over and over and OVER again, LOL

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll do great competing level 5 this year! good luck in the future! you seem to be a very talented gymnast! :) oh and i love your hair! oh and good job on the kip too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back