Parents Done with Level 5!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Yay! No more of that floor music!! LOL.

Little Monkey had States yesterday. She was in the 8 senior group. She had a good meet, and was happy with herself. The State Champ scored 38.5 and 2nd place 38.1. Even 9th place was still in the 37's!

1st event was vault...1st vault she landed right on her butt, which I've never seen her do before. 2nd vault was good. Score 9.025. Coach said 1st was better..oh well.

Onto bars, she did the routine with a few seconds pause after her cast and then on her squat on which cost a few tenths. 8.8 which is very good considering where she started from! (They placed out 15 places, 15th was 8.9)

Beam - during warmups she fell off 3 times in one routine, so not like her at all. She feel off her cartwheel but otherwise was very solid. 8.525

FX - by now her knee was bothering her and I could tell she had a slight limp. Not her usual performance...8.65.

Anyway, she is now looking forward to USAIGC states next weekend. We start physical therapy on Monday for her knee, which dr said was patellafemoral syndrome.

Congrats to her!! Good luck to her at USAIGC States and hoping that physical therapy gets her feeling better with her knee.

AWESOME!!! I saw the group she was in...scores were very high. Recognized lot of names from this past L4 states that were making the 38's (LOL). We had a couple 5's from our gym too, not same session, looks like they were all in the 35's too. I'm sure she's glad to see the end of that music and those routines...she'll rock Level 6! Sorry about the knee, we are dealing with heels...ugh...poor gymmies! Good luck at her next States...sure she'll do well there too!

Blackie - I think one of the little girls used to be at your gym (initials AK) and now goes to a different gym??? She was with LM last yr at L5 states in the 7 yr old group. She was awesome!

Congratulations to LM! She did great! I am sure she is happy to be done with Level 5 and moving on. My dd had states last weekend and they are now happily training Level 6. Good luck to LM at USAIGC States!

Meg

That's terrific! What high scores! Sates can be like that! It's always nice to move on to different music:). Yea! What's USAIGC? Good luck to dd.

Yup, LOL, that's her...and I had started to add that in my messsage to you, but then deleted it since I wanted to give congrats to YOUR daughter first! She now goes to a different gym, much more competative than ours. I think it all worked out for the best, she ( and mom) was hard to be on team with (bossy big attitude) but now that she goes to different gym we are very happy for her and say "hi" when we see them. Hope she doesn't burn out, the mom is super pushy with her.

Yup, LOL, that's her...and I had started to add that in my messsage to you, but then deleted it since I wanted to give congrats to YOUR daughter first! She now goes to a different gym, much more competative than ours. I think it all worked out for the best, she ( and mom) was hard to be on team with (bossy big attitude) but now that she goes to different gym we are very happy for her and say "hi" when we see them. Hope she doesn't burn out, the mom is super pushy with her.

Wow! She must be doing some serious training to gain about 6 points over 1 season!!! Good for your gym to be rid of bossy mom :D

Congratulations to LM - she must be thrilled to be moving onto 6! Hope PT goes well for her and GL at IGC States next weekend (that goes for your other dd too!!!)

Congratulations on a good meet and good luck at the "other" states! I'm sure it will go great :) . I don't blame you for being glad to be done with that horrible Level 5 music ;) !

Sorry it wasn't her best meet, but sounds like it went pretty well! Good luck to her at USAIGC--I didn't realize some places did both!

Way to go LM!!!Some great state scores!Yeah on moving up! Good luck this weekand!!I hope her knee is feeling better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back