Parents Drama in the viewing area

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OMG------ Looking at all these comments, I start to wonder if some of you have been to my gym;)!!!

Seriously, we actually have a very good group of parents and kids, but naturally there are a few that are different - but mean well:eek:. We have one that you could describe as the "country cousin" that no one claims! Yells all kinds of things at meets, usually nice things, but still kind of embarrassing. It is kind of funny, because we came from a gym where the HC felt that at meets us parents were to be seen (barely!) and not heard (which I think is good, even though he may have been a little extreme)! At one meet, I had the one that I just mentioned sitting in my area, and another one that was yelling at the score turners to turn the score, and when that didn't work, they got the attention of a COACH out on the floor and asked her to go tell them to turn the score:eek:! I wanted to sink in my chair:eek:!

OMG------ Looking at all these comments, I start to wonder if some of you have been to my gym;)!!!

Seriously, we actually have a very good group of parents and kids, but naturally there are a few that are different - but mean well:eek:. We have one that you could describe as the "country cousin" that no one claims! Yells all kinds of things at meets, usually nice things, but still kind of embarrassing. It is kind of funny, because we came from a gym where the HC felt that at meets us parents were to be seen (barely!) and not heard (which I think is good, even though he may have been a little extreme)! At one meet, I had the one that I just mentioned sitting in my area, and another one that was yelling at the score turners to turn the score, and when that didn't work, they got the attention of a COACH out on the floor and asked her to go tell them to turn the score:eek:! I wanted to sink in my chair:eek:!

Yup, one (or 2 ha ha) on every team, in every sport. Our gym is really good about laying out "meet rules" for the parents but not usually practice rules. In other sports that my boys have been involved in we always had to sign a contract that would outline proper behavior, if it was not followed or rules were broken the parent and/or child could be ejected. I personally think that gyms should do this as well. I have been to meets where the parents are swearing, and yelling out to judges - it is ridiculous.

Yeah--and the cheer world is even WORSE!!!!! I was at a competition where 2 mothers were in a fist fight over "saving seats". Yeah--it can get pretty crazy!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, thanks again for all the great responses and funny additions.

I wanted to give an update on our situation. The gym owner's had a sit-down with the problem parent and put her on notice. I guess they told her one more complaint about her and she's a goner!
I'm glad to hear that the gym is addressing the situation, I imagine it can not be easy to inform someone that their personality is less than favorable...

My guess is the mother won't be able to help herself and won't last much longer.

In the end, my heart sinks for the daughter in this situation, she's a very nice kid and my daughter really does like her.

Just remeber to be there when she is asked to leave, you can watch the door whack her in the *** on the way out!!!!!!

As for her poor child, she is sadly doomed, as often are the kids of whackos.

I am happy (I feel guilty saying that I'm "happy") to announce that our gym's Drama Momma has taken her daughter and left on her own since the warning from the gym. I think she saw the writing on the wall and made the move before getting kicked out, which was only a matter of time.....
Rumor has it, she's attending the gym 35 miles away and I'm sure it won't be long before she's up to her old antics again.
I didn't realize it has been a month since my last log-on and seeing all the great replies to this post originally, I felt I should share the latest news....
Thanks for listening and good luck to everyone in their seasons!

Thanks for the update and bringing this topic back to the top. I must have missed it the first time. By comparison, our gym seems woefully boring. Maybe the producers of that housewives of..... series will see this and start a spin off called 'perfect 10'....:D

.........One of the characters is graceful with model looks; another is a stop-at-nothing redhead; and the third wears threadbare leotards and works out at a public gym.......Premiers on ABC this fall:eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back