Drills for keeping feet up on kips after free hips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

slkbeambabe07

Hey ya'll. Just wanted to know if anyone had some newer, more unique drills for keeping your feet up on kips after free hips. Have done the straddle circle strength and such, does anyone else have anything else out there? Thanks!

drop kips and cast-away kips come to mind along with a lot of toe touches. If the strength is already there, the rest is all about the angles.

you're hitting your feet because your hands/wrists are behind the swing. you're shifting to late which causes you to be out of support on the top of the bar so that you can place pressure/push against the top of the bar after the clear/free hip circle in order to perform a proper power down in to the glide swing.

simply put, you can't push down on the top of the bar when your hands/wrists are under the bar after the clear/free hip circle. therefore, it's not the kip...it's your shift.:)

you're hitting your feet because your hands/wrists are behind the swing. you're shifting to late which causes you to be out of support on the top of the bar so that you can place pressure/push against the top of the bar after the clear/free hip circle in order to perform a proper power down in to the glide swing.

simply put, you can't push down on the top of the bar when your hands/wrists are under the bar after the clear/free hip circle. therefore, it's not the kip...it's your shift.:)

Thank you for this explanation! My DD struggles with tapping her feet on the kip after her clear hip. Occasionally she can do one without tapping her feet. I always thought it must be her abs that needed to be stronger. This sport always never ceases to make me go hmmmmm.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back