Drills & gymnastics at home??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
is there any drills or skills that you guys know of that i could do at home? I am a level 6 gymnast and i want to move up to 7 soon...so is there anything i could do/practice at home to help myself to get ready for level 6 and 7?:confused:
i have a trampoline, low beam, and two panel mats, and a yard of course! to practice on.
thank you :)

HS work. Make these way solid. Simple holds, pirouettes and presses.

Play around on your tramp with stuff like back drop to stomach drop and 1/2 turns ( cruises ) back drop 1/2 to stomach from the tramp or back drop pop to stand 1/2 turn to stomach, back drop to stomach. All the kind of trampoline body awarness stuff. Back pullovers ( like a peanut roll ).

Condition and stretch. If you are already flexible enough, condition more. Strength helps so much in learning new skills whereas not being strong will just get you stuck at the same skill forever.

i am definatly not flexible enough...so i will do more flex.
what is a peanut roll and all of that tramp. stuff?
thankss :)

is there any drills or skills that you guys know of that i could do at home? I am a level 6 gymnast and i want to move up to 7 soon...so is there anything i could do/practice at home to help myself to get ready for level 6 and 7?:confused:
i have a trampoline, low beam, and two panel mats, and a yard of course! to practice on.
thank you :)

Work your basics. Lots of conditioning and stretching. Figure out what your problem areas are, whats keeping you from moving up, and talk to your coach! Find out what they think you need to do to move up, and then work on that.

I wouldn't work on skills on tramp at home because you won't have the trained eye of a coach to watch for bad habits developing. Plus, do you really want to chance falling off tramp and missing a couple of months of gym? However, condition and stretch! Do a lot of handstand work. If you can get a floor bar, put it on the floor and practice handstands and pirouettes. You can even practice 1/2 handstands on it with your feet on a bed and you're in a piked position. This is good practice for getting over any fears of leaning over the bar for cast handstands. Just remember to keep your ribs in, hips rolled under, and head neutral. I don't allow any drills other than handstand work at home because I don't want injuries or bad habits to develop.

This thread is three years old. Please be mindful of the date on posts, especially those with the big grey box. Let the dead sleep.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back