WAG Dropping back levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mamabear

Proud Parent
Can someone tell me how this works for Xcel girls? One of my dd’s is possibly needing to. She competed gold last season, but she probably should have competed silver. (She had JO skills comparable to level 3/4). Our last couple meets were cancelled due to COVID19, including state so she didn’t compete state. Now being out for nearly 3 months with at least another month before gyms open up here, she has lost not just skills but confidence. Can she compete silver this upcoming year or does she have to stay at gold? Thanks for any advice.

I would assume that her coaches would need to submit a petition to move down a level, since she was not inactive for a year or more. If she was inactive, then she could move down a level without petitioning. If she really should be competing silver, there shouldn't be any problems with a petition. Also, with so many gyms closed for such a long period of time I would not be surprised if for this year only they consider removing the petitioning procedure for moving down a division, since I bet many are in the same boat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back