Parents Duoderm for rips...or facial acne spots?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LTmom

Proud Parent
I’ve read through here and other places that duoderm is magic for rips. Ok. The description says it’s a hydrocolloid bandage. What’s the difference between duoderm and other hydrocolloidal bandages? They even make them in nifty little circles now for facial acne. I was thinking it’s perfect, already cut to size, and all I have to do is slap a tape grip over it and DD is ready to go. A company called “welly” makes a whole bunch of different kinds of hydrocolloidal bandages, some even waterproof. Is there a difference? Am I barking up the wrong tree? (I am going barking mad from all these rips DD is getting). Thanks!

DuoDERM is the brand name, so they are the same thing. I will say though, that the DuoDERM brand tends to be much thinner than the generic hydrocolloid bandages I've been able to find.

I’ve read through here and other places that duoderm is magic for rips. Ok. The description says it’s a hydrocolloid bandage. What’s the difference between duoderm and other hydrocolloidal bandages? They even make them in nifty little circles now for facial acne. I was thinking it’s perfect, already cut to size, and all I have to do is slap a tape grip over it and DD is ready to go. A company called “welly” makes a whole bunch of different kinds of hydrocolloidal bandages, some even waterproof. Is there a difference? Am I barking up the wrong tree? (I am going barking mad from all these rips DD is getting). Thanks!

This is my first time hearing about duoderm. Have you guys tried it with any success? My daughter also gets rips often and puts bag balm on at night as a preventative and it seems to doing its job, hope this helps!

This is my first time hearing about duoderm. Have you guys tried it with any success? My daughter also gets rips often and puts bag balm on at night as a preventative and it seems to doing its job, hope this helps!
I’d like to say it worked. However, with DD’s training hours recently doubled (bar time per week quintupled, eek!) she was getting ripped almost every other practice so I threw literally everything at it. RipFix balm throughout the day, covered at night, duoderm during practice...I went nuts.

My daughter has used duoderm for rips for heads. She puts it on at night and it works wonders!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back