WAG DuoDerm ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter tried to wear them to practice a few times and it was worthless. It could be user error, though.

I tried (well, kiddie tried). I put Elastoplast over it.
It didn't last training either, but I think that was because coach was unimpressed and removed it. I have no idea whether it would last with a different coach, but we were told not to try again :)

We used tegaderm for practice recently to cover some nasty wrist rips. It really did the trick! DD left it on for the entire practice and then took it off after. Much better than tape IMO. Duoderm is great too but it does tend to roll up and come off quite easily, so add in the movement and friction caused by using it over rips and with grips and on bars- well, its probably not going to stay!

I like DuoDerm 4x4 dressing and cut to fit the size of DD's hand. I am assuming you are using DuoDerm to treat the rips from the bars. I then use pre-wrap and athletic tap over during DD's practice and remove it after practice because I am afraid the chalk and dirt can cause infection. I find preparation H (hemorrhoid cream) works wonders to help soothing the pain and promote healing. Just don't apply it before duoderm otherwise the dressing will not stay on. I hope it helps in your situation. It is always a pain when DD has rips in her palm.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News