egg muffins

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Frase

Proud Parent
Not tried these but they popped up on my facebook and I thought they looked fab!
10710523_787068957999197_9186460936145377355_n.jpg

I love these. They are filling and so much healthier than your muffins, bagels, donuts, and whatever else you grab with your morning coffee.

Ingredients
Spring onion as required
Chopped tomatoes as required
Onion as required
Cheese as required
Green chillies
Fresh coriander
You can add chicken or other lean meats, spinach, ricotta cheese, bell peppers, and lots more as per your taste.
Eggs 6 beaten with 2 tbsp milk, black pepper to taste

Instructions
-Preheat oven at 200C
-Grease your muffin tin
-Add vegetables of your choice along with cheese (if you choose), pour beaten egg mixture on it.
-Place muffin pan on the center rack of a preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are light brown, puffy, and the eggs are set.
-Let muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin pan or cups. Loosen gently with knife if they seem to be sticking. Eat immediately or let cool completely and store in plastic bag in refrigerator or freezer. The Egg Muffins can be reheated in the microwave.

Yum! What a great idea. And a quick breakfast for kiddos who are running out the door in the morning. I'm going to try this out!

Yes, we love those! Even my picky gymnast will eat them if I just make them with bacon or sausage and cheese. I love that you can customize them for everyone's tastes!

My kiddos love these as well! I buy and prep a bunch of veggies and let them go to town making up their own combos. Then all I have to do is pour in the egg and pop them in the oven. They are more on board with eating them since they created them!

I just made some on Sunday. They are already gone!! The kids loved them! Of course mine were not the healthiest with bacon and cheese but they were yummy!!

Yummy, I'm going to try this! We very often will pack a cooler while traveling for breakfast foods, to avoid the expenses of eating out. This is much more interesting than the standard hard boiled eggs. Loving all of these food suggestions, keep em coming!

No, that is a regular sized one, but I do not see why you could not use a mini one or just a regular baking dish and cut it up. It is a very easy dish and easy to adapt.

Thanks so much! I'm not very good with figuring those things out on my own, but I can follow directions with the best of them :)

I made the last lot in a pyrex baking dish. Very easy clean up. I wasn't planning on taking it with me, so portability was less of an issue. Worked beautifully.

I tried these this morning. 6 with ham and cheese and 6 with peppers and scallions. Definite hit, however, I needed 2 more eggs (8 total) to fill up our muffing tins--which I thought were normal size.

Anyway, will definitely make again and have some on the ready for a quick bite. Thanks!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back