Coaches Elf on the shelf

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello!
We have 2 gym elves that I am in charge of this year. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some ideas for cute things they can do? I want them to do creative things but its tricky because they cant be in the way of the kids. What do your gym elves do? :)

We would hang them from the top of the ropes, tie them around polls, build mat forts, hide them under the vault table away from the handles, or sometimes we would even attach them to the rings with the permission of the boys coach. There were many times they didn't "make it back" or move places because they "got touched".

Ive tacked up Net Lights to the wall and put the elf on that. Looks really cute when plugged in and not alot of work plus on the wall so out of the way. You could even put up a small string of Icle lights and have them work their way down the line or have it hang like a rope and have them work their way up the rope (move up some every day that will get you a couple days out of one set up) Do you have any trophies in the gym....it would be cute if the elf was sitting in a trophy with a candy cane or something.

As long as your elf is masked, he can go just about anywhere.
Last year, ours spent time in the Christmas lights, above the fire extinguisher, dangling from one of the ceiling fans, over a doorway, and on top of the "wall" of the coaches' room.

The elf needs to quarantine after arriving from the North Pole. Because there is less research on COVID transmission in elves than in humans, the quarantine period for elves is 24 days.
Absolutely! The quarantine period is essential. The elf should remain in its box for the entire 24 day period.

Put them in a blender...and walk away smiling. I loathe those things.
I’m with you on this one. I had an elf in the gym last year, fun fur a few days. Then the hassle of finding a new spot each day that was out of the kids reach became a little burdensome. I did not bring him out this year, and the kids keep asking where he is.

Oh my! Isn't having the elf in the home enough? It has expanded to public venues as well?! So glad my kids were older when Elf became popular. However, there are so many ideas online just by googling. I have seen some pretty awesome ones. My favorite is Elsa freezing Elf in a cup of water :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back