WAG elite scoring DEDUCTIONS!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi, i have read on usag's site about the scoring, but i couldn't find anything about the specifics for ALL of their point deductions (falls, wobbles, disconnection of skills, out of bounds, etc).

i've read that a fall off the apparatus is a deduction of 0.8, then on another page i read it was a 1.0 deduction.

It is 1.0 for a fall. The deduction used to be 0.8 and this was changed a few years ago, it is now 1.0. So when you read 0.8 this was probably an out of date page which they forgot to update.

The base idea of deductions is as follows.

0.1 - unpointed feet, very small bend in arms or legs, wobbles, 1 foot out of bounds on floor, off direction on landings, very small wobbles on landings and minor problems like just a little bit of lack of height in leaps and so on, crossing legs in twists. Basically things that would usually be 0.05 in USAG.

0.3 - most common deduction. Lack of split in leaps, lack of height in casts, bent arms and leg, breaking a connection in a series, both feet out of bounds on floor, brushing feet on apparatus (ie bars) etc.

0.5 - more major deductions - leg or arm bends more than 90 degree's, hitting feet on bars, brushing feet on floor on bars, landing outside floor boundaries, extra swings on bars.

1.0 - falls

Do they take deductions of 0.05, 0.2, 0.4, or is it just in the increments stated above?

I thought that 1.0 was kind of harsh at first for something like falling, but then again, some routines can be out of a 17.0!

In the UK it's always a 1.0 deduction for a fall even at the lowest levels (same as FIG)

Harsh but fair as it's the same for everyone.

Am always surprised at your meet reports where you can fall and still win a medal :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back