WAG Elite vs Div 1

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes, there really is a big difference between level 10 and elite. There are many level 10s who do not have the ability to make it to elite, but who do have the ability and can and do get into Div 1 schools. Whether or not a particular coach can tell a particular child's potential at age 10 is another story though.

Yes, there are elites and even former olympians who go NCAA -- so what? That does not mean that every Div 1 athlete could have gone elite.

There are also many elites who for what ever reason do not do well in NCAA because of their elite background, burnout, injuries, struggling to adjust and moderate their new found freedom. I would rather take on a healthy top level ten gymnast over a perpetually injured elite if I was choosing athletes for a college team.

Dunno, maybe my memory is going soft, but I do believe in the past you also mentioned not only the gymnast, but not as many coaches are capable of coaching bars and vault at the level that elites perform. I don't know maybe my kids are scrambling my brain, but I swore this has been mentioned. ;)

There are also many elites who for what ever reason do not do well in NCAA because of their elite background, burnout, injuries, struggling to adjust and moderate their new found freedom. I would rather take on a healthy top level ten gymnast over a perpetually injured elite if I was choosing athletes for a college team.

This is a good point. college gymnastics is very different from elite gymnastics.

A good NCAA gymnast can have D skills but be extremely clean. Elite gymnast need to have multiple E skills. Elites when they become college gymnast water down their skills and try to clean up their routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back