Parents Emily was working on and has the level 6 beam dismount now:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our new gym is working the new skills and I am thinking for the 2 sec hold for the level 5 handstand, they were having the girls work on the level 6 beam dismount. Our old gym would never have a single level 5 work this skill until they were level 6s so I was shocked. I was really shocked that she can actually do it:) I thought when we did eventually move to level 6 that this would be one of our troubled beam skills but nope:) She has it already and is just going to compete level 5:) I am already amazed at the amount of training and coaching my daughter gets at her new gym:) They were also working on jump to handstands on the low bar and then the coach would push them off hard and have them land flat on their backs onto a big mat, this is another thing that our old gym would never work on at this level. My daughter seems to be doing great despite the increase in hours and the amount of conditioning they do. Although after all those level 6 handstand beam dismounts, her bars weren't like normal so her shoulders must have gotten tired, lol. It is okay... This was only our 2nd 4.5 hour practice and just that alone is a big adjustment... They did bars at the 2.5 hour mark, lol.

That is awesome! I think it is great that your new gym is working on harder level skills before they actually need them. If they are introduced to those skills early, they will come easier when they need them. What a great confidence builder to actually be able to do the level 6 dismount. Sounds like Emily is doing great at the new gym. I bet she will have a great level 5 season.

Imat3

That's awesome! Congratulations to Emily! No doubt the longer workouts and extra conditioning are making her tired now, but she will be stronger in the long run once she gets used to it. One of the things I like about our gym is that they do work ahead. My dd is only a Level 4 but they are already working on stuff like front tucks, cast handstands, presses on beam, etc. It keeps it fun for the girls - they love learning new things. Emily will have a great Level 5 season and be super prepared for Level 6.

Meg

Sounds like she is doing great and learning lots of new skills. She is going to do awesome at level 5 and be more than ready for level 6 when the time comes.

how fun to be working those L6 Skills! And it sounds like she is working some great base skills for bars! I see some Cast to Handstands coming soon!

Great job!!

Our new gym is working the new skills and I am thinking for the 2 sec hold for the level 5 handstand, they were having the girls work on the level 6 beam dismount. Our old gym would never have a single level 5 work this skill until they were level 6s so I was shocked. I was really shocked that she can actually do it:) I thought when we did eventually move to level 6 that this would be one of our troubled beam skills but nope:) She has it already and is just going to compete level 5:) I am already amazed at the amount of training and coaching my daughter gets at her new gym:) They were also working on jump to handstands on the low bar and then the coach would push them off hard and have them land flat on their backs onto a big mat, this is another thing that our old gym would never work on at this level. My daughter seems to be doing great despite the increase in hours and the amount of conditioning they do. Although after all those level 6 handstand beam dismounts, her bars weren't like normal so her shoulders must have gotten tired, lol. It is okay... This was only our 2nd 4.5 hour practice and just that alone is a big adjustment... They did bars at the 2.5 hour mark, lol.
I am glad to here she is adjusting well! When we moved and went to new gym my daughter was very tierd and sore the first few weeks. All gyms do things different, and the xtra hours makes a difference. Our new gym also works on higher level skills and the old did not. It made a big difference in her skills!

that is great! glad things are clicking so well for her at the new gym. it really makes a huge difference. i love As coaches, especially her main coach. she is a great combo of strict, yet gentle and fun. she keeps us as parents informed about everything and really is just a great coach. A loves her as well.

Thank you everyone. This has been a great move:) I am getting to know some of the parents. They want to get to know everyone which is different from our old gym in that... Most just dropped their girls off and then we never saw them much less talk to them till meets.
I love this working up skills too. Plus they are really working hard at getting Emily's little back arches out of her handstands more so than the other gym.
I am so glad we made this switch. Conditioning has been rough for her especially when they do it in the 4th hour and it is a lot more than her other gym. It is going to take some time to get used too for sure. She is pretty grouchy when my husband picks her up since I am at school when she gets done and I don't get home till she is in bed but I can only imagine her mood, lol. She is not a fun person to be around when she is tired, sore and grouchy, lol.
thank you all again for the support:) I love it here:)

It sounds like this new gym is good for all of you :D I'm glad your dd is getting to train up and you are meeting the parents. It will take time to get used to the conditioning, but it will be good for her in the long run!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back