MAG end of season thoughts and thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

SPX

Proud Parent
Hi, I've been busy with real life and so have just been lurking here lately. Now that this season is ending I wanted to say thanks to all of you who gave such good advice to us last summer and throughout. Switching gyms was rough but it turned out wonderfully. Ds's coach literally helped keep him sane this year as well as all the gymnastics skills he has gained. He is now in a great place both emotionally and with gymnastics. And he is looking forward to the summer and next year. Hope all of you and yours had a good year too. And thanks again for all the helpful information and perspective. I'm sure as we get started with competition I'll be back with lots more questions.

That is great to hear! I hope he has a fantastic summer. Summer is the best time in a functional gym -- ours was a little crazy last year with some staff disruptions, but this year we are looking forward to watching our boys really take off and fly. Hoping for that for all our CB boys!

What is your son most excited to try this summer? For mine, it's whip its on rings (I'm sure this skill has another name but I don't know what it is), getting the Arabian onto the floor, and getting his blind change on hi bar. His coach, however, would say getting his giant to handstand on pbars is the biggest priority, lol.

That's great that he had a good year and is looking forward to summer training.

My DS goes back today after last week off. The week after nationals is always a break for them. He's so excited for level 10 training he didn't want to take it off. He's super excited for training new skills. Some of the level 10 stuff scares me though, especially the C dismounts. He's also talking about a double Arabian on floor. Front landing scare me the most because he already broke his knee cap on one. He's working double front dismount of rings too.

ZJs- I am in a similar boat as you! I think I will be looking to you for guidance this year ;) D just got his full pirouette on high bar, and is now excited about vault catch and double backs. He is working his full in on rings, front toss on pbars, and double arabian, double back, and double full on floor. Sigh. I do not watch muhc anymore!

SPX- good to see you again, and keep us posted on how things are going!

I'm glad I have a while before ds will be doing those things. I'm fairly sure I'll be watching through my fingers. :)
Evidently he got his full circle about a month ago. it's still a bit rough and he is really looking forward to cleaning it up. We only found out because he and dh built a mushroom for his birthday and that was the first thing he did once they finished. He's also looking forward to working on vault more. He's made a ton if progress on it in the past couple months.

DS just mastered RO-triple BHS in preparation for turning the third BHS into a tuck... that makes me nervous enough! I looked up the Arabian and I am definitely not ready for that! SPX, yay on the circle! That was DS's biggest battle last year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back