Energy drinks?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you think energy drinks are bad for you?

• Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey everyone- I know almost everyone knows of energy drinks (Monsters, Red Bull, Rockstar, etc.) But does any one know if they are bad for you? :confused: My friend drinks energy drinks all the time, and I strated liking them to, and drinking them before or after practice. I'm not drinking them because i need the energy, i drink them only because i like them. But i wondering if they are bad for you. Will they affect my gymnastics? Will they make me tired if i stop drinking them? I need a little advice here, i willing to listen to what any ones got to say! Thanks,

--KyraGymnast--

Last edited:
I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but from what I understand, they are very bad for you. I would say that if you only drank them every once in a while, you would be ok, but (again, not an expert, just my opinion) that they would be very bad for you if you are drinking them on a regular basis.

I dnt know bcus I dnt like them. But heard that they are bad for you. I also heard that they can make you crash pretty hard.

Depending on the person, it can lead to a big energy crash about two hours or so after you drink it. It also raises your blood pressure, which can be a VERY bad combo when put with exercise. I do like energy drinks, but never ever before gym. There was a football player who died after drinking a Redbull then playing a game... so I won't drink them before exercise.

As a coach, I have recently implemented a new rule stating no gymnast should be in a class/workout if they have had anything excessively sugary or caffeinated before practice. It's not allowed during and I would be very displeased if they were allowed after that 1 hour magic hour when they should be ingesting protein, some fat and carbohydrate to replenish the body when it can absorb nutrients very easily.

For rec, I probably wouldn't care as much but that kid would end up just getting sat or tossed out of class if they couldn't focus. As well it has pist me off when I've seen kids suffer from sugar crash mid workout because of being all hyped up before workout. Of course I don't need more hyper boys such as they are.

BAD FOR KIDS!!

they are really just a big boost of sugar or cafeene or similar stimulant. No kids, teens or young adults should even put them in their bodies - a healthy diet will do the same for you in a healthy way.

BAD FOR KIDS!!

they are really just a big boost of sugar or cafeene or similar stimulant. No kids, teens or young adults should even put them in their bodies - a healthy diet will do the same for you in a healthy way.

totally agree!
i've never had one myself, but they are chocked full of caffine, which is REALLY bad for you, also, when you get a sugar rush, you can get really shaky (just like adrenalin) and then REALLY tired afterwards.
A healthy lifestyle will keep you going longer, and not just for 5 or 10 minutes. Eat a banana for energy! they're great!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back