English champs-mar 18.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

just checked gymdata, last year they had live streaming on youtube ! Any chance they are doing it again this year ?

Looks like a much bigger comp than last year.
What happens with the non-English guests, is it a practice comp for them?
I was expecting to see Lisa Mason.

Looks like a much bigger comp than last year.
What happens with the non-English guests, is it a practice comp for them?
I was expecting to see Lisa Mason.
guest are normally trialling for something, the English is an olympic trail so some will be trailling for that, but it will also be trails for other things. Also if your club does the English but you are welsh/Scottish/Irish etc.. then you can compete as a guest :)

You can watch the youtube livestream via gymdata too, although it's hard to make out who is who on the split screen and the scores aren't always quite synched with the screen, so it's quite confusing!
We went down yesterday. Some amazing espoirs and so good to see most of the favourites all fit and healthy again. There are quite a few change to the listed line-up for the juniors and the seniors, which is a shame. I think back to a couple of years ago and can't help wondering what happened to that exciting glut of incredible gymnasts who were all going to be competing for places in Rio - lots of juniors coming through and still lots of great seniors. They seem to have broken them all! Tyesha, Catherine, Ellie, Teal, Charlie all injured, Becky T still not full strength, Gaby too. It would be such a shame if the Rio team is made up of those who have survived. Hopefully they will be ok. We have the strength now, and the depth early on, but the system doesn't seem to being providing quite enough depth at senior level still. Just my thoughts.

Flossyduck, did you catch much of the bars yesterday? Seems like a lot of <10 scores on bars and low scores, were there a lot of falls?
Does anyone know why Ellie D isn't doing the Stuttgart comp?

We did catch bars. There didn't seem to be too many falls. Some of the girls who will be doing compulsory 1 in age or 2 out of age in June inevitably did not quite polished and ready routines, which meet the basic compulsory 1 or 2 requirements but nothing more at this stage. Some of them did very polished and ready comp 1 & 2 routines but scored low on a FIG tarif maybe? Some of the ones who haven't been doing compulsories had some different skills, but not always the form, and at the top end there were those who had both, and there was quite a difference.

Long time no see flossy! Was your dd there? She'll be espoir now? Seems so long ago they were only tiny l4's and we were all finding our way here..

Most of "the" juniors seem to be in the next round. Pleased to see Christine tse and Erika Magpantay back, I think both fell off the compulsory track.

Long time no see flossy! Was your dd there? She'll be espoir now? Seems so long ago they were only tiny l4's and we were all finding our way here..

Most of "the" juniors seem to be in the next round. Pleased to see Christine tse and Erika Magpantay back, I think both fell off the compulsory track.

Christine stopped training altogether after compulsory 2, and started again in 2014. She passed compulsory 1 out of age last year :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back