WAG Equipment!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Summit Gymnastics CA

Coach
Proud Parent
We luckily have extra space in our gym to add something else! We already have all the required equipment ( for WAG ) plus a few extra training perks! Does anyone have any ideas or set ups that have worked really well for the extra space? We're open to ideas for each event!

Perhaps look at other gyms and training videos and see what you like/would use a lot. We are often confined by space and location of equipment so do a fair bit of research. I personally use the pommel and P-bars a lot for different drills for WAG gymnasts. Some gyms have a set little area to with bars and things to do their strength rotations and not take up apparatus.

Perhaps look at other gyms and training videos and see what you like/would use a lot. We are often confined by space and location of equipment so do a fair bit of research. I personally use the pommel and P-bars a lot for different drills for WAG gymnasts. Some gyms have a set little area to with bars and things to do their strength rotations and not take up apparatus.
I agree completely about the Pommel Horse and Parallel Bars. We use them with our girls. We also have a mushroom that we use with our rec classes (working early cartwheel progressions).

Thanks !

How about a set up for conditioning equipment for injured athletes? They do weight training, cardio sessions in college (I.e., stationary bikes, ellipticals). Make extra money on having either an American Ninja and/or parkour mini program and equipment.

How about a set up for conditioning equipment for injured athletes? They do weight training, cardio sessions in college (I.e., stationary bikes, ellipticals). Make extra money on having either an American Ninja and/or parkour mini program and equipment.
That's a great idea thank you !

Honestly we haven't thought about using men's equipment
We use the pommel horse for beginning shoot throughs and squat ons and jumping to front support.
The parallel bars are used for strength training (dips, hand walking, etc) and, with one bar lower than the other, they can be used for kip drills.
We also have a single rail bar that we use as a "high bar" for our boys' rec class and the girls use it for skill work.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back