ER trip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, this morning dad and mom have left for work, brother is at lap swim with a friend, and sis and I are home alone. I had just gotten out of the shower and was about to get dress when I hear this high-pitch scream. I grab and towel, wrap it around and go out to find my sister on the floor, screaming and crying with blood pouring down her face. I let out a scream and rushed to her. She had fallen and knicked her head open from the coffee table. I get her to put a towel on her head and am trying to get dress and call my parents. Neither one of them picked up. I left five messages on each phone and looked around for my crutches. Great, can't find them. The dog is barking so I throw a leash and collar on him, throw him in the car, get my sister in the car, make sure I have my liscense and drive to the emergency room. The entire she is screaming, blood is getting everywhere, I'm shouting at the dog to shut up, because he's howling and I'm trying to drive with one foot. Finally we get to the emergency room. I have to bring the dog in because he bolted towards the ER, I'm dragging my sister. I get inside and the receptionist looks at me with my mussed clothes and wet hair, my sister who is sobbing, and the dog who is pulling on the leash, making this weird high-pitched sound. Then she looks at the "No Dogs Allowed" sign and looks at me, eyebrows raised. "It's an emergency", I screamed at her. Then she looks at my leg casts and gets this amused look. I glare at her while I'm trying to fill out the forms, sister has sobered up a bit, still sniffling, and the dog is trying to tear up a magazine. She finally gets in, they look at her, clean her up, and put in two staples. Then the doctor looks at me, and I'm like "No I did not abuse her and I am perfectly capable to take care of her!" When your sixteen, have a leg cast, and are bringing your little sister to the emergency room, it's going to look odd. So finally shes cleaned up and everything, we get back in the car. We went trough the drive-through of Taco Bell and Carl's Jr. and ate. I fixed my hair at a stoplight before we got to the drive-through so it didn't look like I had just been to the emergency room with mussed clothes like a ragamuffin. Well, that was my morning. Some fun, huh?

OMG! That is a crazy morning!!! I do have to say that I greatly applaude you and admire your quick thinking and responsibility!!!!! Wow! And to do it all on a cast...with a dog...and a screaming sister...that's awesome! Your natural "motherly instincts" definitely kicked in today, which I can say are a sign that you will be an awesome mother some day!!!

I'm glad your sister is okay and I am sure that your parents will be very proud of you for being so alert, responsible and quick thinking!!! Great job!!!

All I can say is - WOW !!!! I guess I really can't complain that I don't feel like going food shopping now, huh?

Oh my, are you guys the Trauma Family, or what?! Between all your injuries & now your sis--whew! :eek:uch:

Good for you for thinking fast & helping her out. :applause: How did you drive w/ your leg in a cast?! :scratchchin:

If I were anyone else in you family, I'd be extra careful & always be looking over my shoulder for a while! :rollingeyes:

Truly sorry you had such a horrific morning, though! :eek:

You poor thing! I would have been a mess at that age! :hug:

I've been there with my son. He fell and hit his head on a cornor one time and I took him to the ER. It's scary and annoying when they give you that look of abuse!!! Kids will be kids and they fall often.:rolleyes:

OMG! That is a crazy morning!!! I do have to say that I greatly applaude you and admire your quick thinking and responsibility!!!!! Wow! And to do it all on a cast...with a dog...and a screaming sister...that's awesome! Your natural "motherly instincts" definitely kicked in today, which I can say are a sign that you will be an awesome mother some day!!!

Thank you! That's so sweet! :)

I'm glad your sister is okay and I am sure that your parents will be very proud of you for being so alert, responsible and quick thinking!!! Great job!!!

Yeah, my dad called while we were going through the drive-through and was glad everything was ok.

All I can say is - WOW !!!! I guess I really can't complain that I don't feel like going food shopping now, huh?
:D

Oh my, are you guys the Trauma Family, or what?! Between all your injuries & now your sis--whew! :eek:uch:

Good for you for thinking fast & helping her out. :applause: How did you drive w/ your leg in a cast?! :scratchchin:

If I were anyone else in you family, I'd be extra careful & always be looking over my shoulder for a while! :rollingeyes:

Truly sorry you had such a horrific morning, though! :eek:
We are the Trauma family!!!!! Well, it's my left leg that is in the cast, so I was able to use my right leg, but there was alot of braking I assure you.

You poor thing! I would have been a mess at that age! :hug:

I've been there with my son. He fell and hit his head on a cornor one time and I took him to the ER. It's scary and annoying when they give you that look of abuse!!! Kids will be kids and they fall often.:rolleyes:

I know it's like "NO i don't abuse them!" I was really afraid they would think I'm not capable of watching her because I'm injured. But bro is home, and she has calmed down is being a kid (just with alot more caution). She got staples before so she is pretty ok with it. Thank you everyone for being so nice!!!!

Yikes!! What a morning you had! Glad your sister is okay:)

Um my only question is........why did you take the dog??:confused:

The whole thing sounds like a scene from I Love Lucy :p

Yikes!! What a morning you had! Glad your sister is okay:)

Um my only question is........why did you take the dog??:confused:

The whole thing sounds like a scene from I Love Lucy :p

hahaha...really? Why did I take the dog? I didn't have time to lock him up. He's a Basenji so you can't just leave him to run loose in the house. And he was dancing around I knew I wouldn't be able to get him into his kennel (he's too big to carry) so I got a leash on him and just brought him. And of course are cat the entire time was just staring...the little devil....:D

Wow!!! Talk about rising to the occasion and performing under pressure. Your sister was very lucky to have you there.

No dogs allowed? Was that one right next to the sign that reads 'no sick people allowed'? ;)

:worried::eek:uch:wow!! some crazy morning you had! and ur reli lcky you can drive!!! hope shes ok and you dont have to do THAT again!!! great job!!:grouphug:hope she gets better soon and u get your cast off soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back