Event Finals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can someone who judges explain to me how in the heck Paseka got the execution scores she did for her vaults. Her amanar was no where near as high or clean as Biles and only .2 lower on execution?

They really should be dinging the execution and body position more on the vaults in my humble opinion. I don't see how crossed legs, bent knees and pikey layout positions warrant execution scores in the 9s, but maybe I'm just crazy.

So they will all 4 get gold medals? No rule for breaking the tie? I thought Nastia got a silver in 2008 cause of a tiebreaker even though she had tbe same score as the gold winner? Guess different rules for Worlds versus Olympics?

Can someone who judges explain to me how in the heck Paseka got the execution scores she did for her vaults. Her amanar was no where near as high or clean as Biles and only .2 lower on execution?

They really should be dinging the execution and body position more on the vaults in my humble opinion. I don't see how crossed legs, bent knees and pikey layout positions warrant execution scores in the 9s, but maybe I'm just crazy.
Yes! Wish I could like this 100 times. Somebody please explain to me how the world champion's vaults can look like this:
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1446311037.100362.jpg

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1446311050.590309.jpg
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1446311089.876663.jpg

Yet the bronze medalist's look like this:
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1446311130.413942.jpg

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1446311152.190246.jpg

I get that Paseka had higher difficulty on her first vault than Biles has on her second, but can the judges not see the blatant leg bends, separations, piking, crossing, and low chest on the landing?
ETA: I just realized that those were Paseka's from qualifying, but I doubt she miraculously straightened and got her legs together in finals.

So they will all 4 get gold medals? No rule for breaking the tie? I thought Nastia got a silver in 2008 cause of a tiebreaker even though she had tbe same score as the gold winner? Guess different rules for Worlds versus Olympics?

No tie breakers in Worlds

On rings? Yes, a crucifix:). I thought you were maybe referring to a country's flag or emblem.. ;)

See also flic, upstart, backward roll to handstand, etc...
I think the confusing part was she call the "upside down one" an inverted cross.

I thought the vault results were interesting. There seems to be a real push for D scores and don't worry about the execution. Do you think that could be something they tighten up in the next cycle after the Olympics?

Nothing beat that pommel final though. Mr Witlock is amazing :)

I was a little sad for Louis, it would have been nice for him to get Gold as he is the "old man" of the team, but Maxie is just lovely. Eldest loves his floor flairs

I saw Louis at the British the first year he was coming back and didn't warm to his attitude. (Like you can tell from sitting 10 rows back in a giant arena for just one day ;-) )
But I have to say, that I have been really impressed with him this year and the hard work has certainly paid off and I was willing him well. Until Max's turn. They were both amazing routines to me and I'm still learning about men's gymnastics so couldn't have said which was better myself. My other half thought Louis had it.

I have to say that, much as I love Max's gymnastics, I secretly wanted Louis to get this one. He has been such a pioneer and done so much for the sport, but always been the bridesmaid and never the bride. I thought he was robbed of Olympic gold - no way his execution was less than Berki- and I actually thought he edged this one too - just a little more polish and flair. I thought Max had a couple of tiny bobbles he could have have more taken from him for, whereas Louis just looked flawless.
Max will get to go to Rio, Louis I'm really not sure will be given that chance. I think that was his chance for gold and he gave it everything.
Do love Max - happy and sad at the same time!

And yeah, what kind of 'kooky' fool calls a crucifix an iron cross?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back