WAG Everyone Pays Same Amount - Booster Fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Would you pay seasonal fees if they were the same for all levels? (ex. L2-L10/Xcel/Boys=$1000/year)

• Yes - We are a team and should be paying for the team no matter our child's level.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yes - But I would not be happy about it.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No - I would leave and go to another gym that does not do it this way.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Back to the gym.
Hmmm....this confuses me a little.

A gym is a for profit operation (though I understand there isn't much profit...I'm just generalizing here!)

Why should the money a booster club makes be given to the gym? They have their own funds from the tuition they charge for team and rec (and parties and open gyms if your gym does these)

It seems that the gym uses their funds to better the gym (ie: purchase new equiptment) whereas the booster club money should just be for team girls?

That's the way our gym does it anyway.

Added a poll to the thread...please vote.

DD's gym is sort of in-between. Estimated coach's fees for the season are split evenly between entire team (though not preteam) and then actual meet fees are added on top of that. So, as the mom of an optional gymnast, I pay more because DD goes to more meets and bigger (generally more expensive reg. fees) meets than the level 3's, but not as much more as would be the case if we were also covering a proportional amount of the coach's fees. That feels like a good compromise between the two extremes, I think.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back